Most people do not use any moisturizer for their skin because they complain about developing acne or their skin becomes oily. But this is not the case entirely. This generally happens because the type of moisturizer you are using does not suit your skin type. Most moisturizers contain chemicals in them and some other does not suit your skin type.
Moisturizer for your skin is very important as it hydrates your skin, provides your skin with nutrients and the glow it needs. So, today in this article we will be looking at the top 10 best moisturizers for all skin types under Rs 500 and with no chemicals. Let’s begin.
Purpose of a moisturizer
Moisturizer is very important for your skin. A moisturizer helps the skin in the following ways.
- It is not only for dry skin but for all skin types.
- It keeps your skin young and glowing.
- It hydrates your skin and keeps it nourished.
- It prevents wrinkles at an early age.
- It reduces dryness and itchiness in the skin.
- It protects your skin from acne.
- It helps in avoiding dull complexion.
- It improves the texture of your skin.
How to choose the best moisturizer for your skin?
You should always choose the best moisturizer for your skin by following the factors mentioned below. If you choose the right moisturizer for your skin you will get all the benefits a moisturizer has to apply. The points that you should keep in mind while choosing the right moisturizer are as follows.
1. Choose a moisturizer according to your skin type
Always choose a moisturizer in accordance with your skin type. There are 5 types of skin.
- Oily skin
- Dry skin
- Combination skin
- Sensitive skin
- Normal skin
Understand your skin type and choose the right moisturizer according to your skin type. If you choose the wrong moisturizer for your skin you will develop acne, wrinkles or your skin may even go dry.
2. Read labels properly
There are always 2 labels you should always check for while buying a moisturizer.
- Allergy tested – The moisturizer should be allergy tested that is it should not cause allergy to sensitive skin.
- Non-comedogenic – The moisturizer should not block your skin pores and form blackheads.
3. The smell of the moisturizer
You should always smell the moisturizer before buying it. The moisturizer should not be over fragranced by artificial fragrances. Artificial fragrances cause skin itchiness and acne. Always go for moisturizers with mild and natural fragrances.
4. Sun protection factor
Previously moisturizers did not come with SPF formula. But now it is quite common. Most people do not like applying too many products to their skin. This Sun protection Factor feature in a moisturizer is for them. SPF in a moisturizer will act as a sunscreen and protects your skin from harmful UV rays.
5. Avoid harmful ingredients
Always avoid moisturizers with harmful ingredients. Always check the packaging of a moisturizer to get the detailed ingredients list. The harmful ingredients that should not be present in a moisturizer are as follows.
- Phalates ( causes irritation to your skin)
- Parabens (irritates your skin and causes redness of the skin)
- Lead (extremely dangerous for your health and skin)
- BHT (Butylated Hydroxytoluene)
- Petroleum-based products ( blocks your skin pores and causes acne)
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid ( causes skin irritation )
6. Correct texture
The texture is the most important thing in a moisturizer.
- If your skin is oily go for a lightweight moisturizer ( lotion-like texture)
- If your skin is dry go for a thick textured moisturizer
- If your skin is normal go for a creamy textured moisturizer
The right way to apply moisturizer on your face
Moisturizers work great for your skin if applied in the right way. The steps for applying moisturizers to your face are as follows.
- Take a little amount of moisturizer on your hand
- Rub and spread the moisturizer on your entire palm
- Then tap the moisturizer gently on your skin
- Massage gently on the forehead and under eye area of your face.
- Always apply the moisturizer in the upward direction
Top 10 best moisturizers available in India under Rs 500 according to skin types
We at Health&Healthier, after consulting several dermatologists and skin experts have made this list of the best moisturizers for various Indian skin types. All of the mentioned moisturizers are chemical-free and are under Rs 500.
1. Plum Green Tea Mattifying Moisturizer
This moisturizer makes it to the top of the list because of its quality. It focuses on removing dark spots and acne and is made up of green tea extracts. This moisturizer provides you with a matte look throughout the day. It is 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
For skin type – Oily and acne-prone skin
- Provides a matte look
- Free from chemicals
- For both men and women
- FDA approved
- Nothing detected till now
50ml of Plum Green Tea Mattifying Moisturizer costs you around Rs 350.
2. Good Vibes Avocado Moisturizer
Good Vibes Avocado Moisturizer concentrates on keeping your skin hydrated and nourished. It is actually made from the extracts of avocado and makes your skin soft.
For skin type – dry to normal skin
- Very budget-friendly
- No artificial fragrances
- Not for people with extra oily skin
50g of Good Vibes Avocado Moisturizer costs you around Rs 225.
3. Mamaearth Apple Cider Vinegar moisturizer
Mamaearth has been in the trend nowadays and this moisturizer actually stands up. It is specially made for the treatment of acne and providing hydration to your skin. It has a non-greasy formula and has properties of apple cider vinegar.
For skin type – oily, combination and acne-prone skin
- Non-greasy in nature
- No artificial fragrance or artificial colors
- Best for acne-prone skin
- Great reviews
- Nothing as of now
80ml of Mamaearth Apple Cider Vinegar moisturizer costs you around Rs 300.
4. Vanalaya Cocoa and Shea Butter Moisturizer
This moisturizer is enriched with Vitamin E, coconut oil, shea butter, and cocoa butter. It is specially made for people with dry and sensitive skin. This moisturizer helps in repairing your damaged skin cells, provides hydration to your skin, and is long-lasting.
For skin type – for dry to sensitive skin
- 100% free from parabens, glycols, mineral oils and other chemicals
- Fully made of organic ingredients
- Animal cruelty-free
- For both men and women
- Not for people with acne-prone skin
- The texture of the moisturizer is too oily in nature
300ml of Vanalaya Cocoa and Shea Butter Moisturizer costs you around Rs 400.
5. Phy Clear Superlight Moisturizer
Phy Clear Superlight Moisturizer is enriched with lemon peel and green tea extracts which help in making your face look bright. It has quick absorption and non-sticky formula. It is specialized for working on acne-prone skin and provides enough hydration to your skin.
For skin type – for oily and acne-prone skin
- Dermatologist approved moisturizer
- Specially designed for men
- Quick absorption formula
- Not for people with dry skin
75ml of Phy Clear Superlight Moisturizer cost you around Rs 350.
6. Khadi Herbal Peach And Avocado Moisturizer
The most popular and trusted brand among all the above-mentioned Khadi Naturals gained popularity because of the quality of their products and are extremely budget-friendly. This moisturizer from Khadi is enriched with extracts from peach, avocado, and Shea butter. Their products are 100% organic and natural.
For skin type – sensitive skin
- 100% organic and natural
- Extremely budget-friendly
- Great for sensitive skin
- Nothing as of now
210ml of Khadi Herbal Peach And Avocado Moisturizer costs you around Rs 250.
7. Khadi Naturals ( SPF 30)
An all-rounder moisturizer from Khadi which acts as a moisturizer, lotion, and sunscreen. This moisturizer contains SPF 30 which in turn protects your skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun and at the same time moisturizes your skin. It has a non-greasy and fast-absorbing formula.
For skin type – all skin types ( except extra oily skin)
- Provides protection from the sun
- Fast-absorbing formula
- Not at all suitable for extra oily skin
100 ml of Khadi Naturals ( SPF 30) costs you around Rs 225.
8. Fyseko Argan Tea Tree Moisturizer
For skin type – all types of skin
- This moisturizer is not that popular
- Does not have acne control property
50gm of Fyseko Argan Tea Tree Moisturizer costs you around Rs 300.
9. Cetaphil Ultra Hydrating Lotion cum moisturizer
Cetaphil Ultra Hydrating Moisturizer cum lotion is dermatologically tested and is enriched with Macadamia nut oil, Shea butter, Vitamin E, and Vitamin B5. This moisturizer keeps your skin hydrated throughout the day and focuses on making your skin soft.
For skin type – For dry and sensitive skin.
- Dermatologically tested
- Free from harmful chemicals
- Slightly expensive if compared to the others on the list
100g of Cetaphil Ultra Hydrating Lotion cum moisturizer costs you around Rs 435.
10. Aroma Magic Juniper Berry moisturizer
This is another underrated moisturizer available in the market. This moisturizer contains juniper berry, cucumber, and aloe vera juice as ingredients and is made for Indian skin types. It mainly focuses on making your skin bright and fights against acne. It also contains SPF 15 which protects your skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
For skin type – For oily and combination skin
- Great reviews and rating
- Extremely budget-friendly
- Contains SPF 15 for the protection of the skin from UV rays
- Does not have any proven certifications
100ml of Aroma Magic Juniper Berry moisturizer costs you around Rs 190.
So here we close the article of the best moisturizers under Rs 500 for all skin types in India. Don’t forget to leave a comment if you choose to use any of the above-mentioned moisturizers. Also, check out our article on the best organic skincare brands in India and the best tea tree facewash for the treatment of acne in India.