Are you in love with milkshakes? This article is for the thick milkshake lovers worldwide. Britannia has launched a new thick milkshake known as the Winkin Cow Thick Milk Shake. In this article, we will be reviewing this newly launched thick milkshake by Britannia. So, let’s begin.
- Toned milk – 81.5%
- Milk solids
- Acidity Regulators
Why Britannia Winkin Cow milkshake is one of the best milkshakes?
Britannia Winkin Cow Thick Milk Shake has a shelf life of 270 days that is you can store this product for 270 days. This is a unique feature of this product. I have never seen such a shelf life of any milk product.
1. Toned milk
The best part of this Britannia’s milkshake is that it contains 81.5% toned milk and very little water which is very rare in other milkshakes available in the market. As a result, the milkshake appears to be thick.
11g sugar is found in 100ml of Winkin Cow Thick Milk Shake which is again a better quantity compared to other milkshakes. Nowadays milkshakes are stuffed with sugar and I was actually impressed by the quantity of sugar present in this milkshake.
3. Milk Solids
Milk solids are nothing but the powdered form of milk. So this is another genuine ingredient used in this milkshake.
4. Emulsifiers and Stabilizers
4 types of emulsifiers and stabilizers are used in this product. They are as follows.
- Stabilizer-471 – This stabilizer is generally made from glycerine and is not at all harmful to our body.
- Stabilizer-412 – Also known as guar gum is a type of fiber that provides thickness to the product. This stabilizer is again not harmful to our body.
- Stabilizer-407 – This stabilizer may be harmful to our body if consumed in higher amounts. It may cause stomach upset and aggravate IBS. So if you have stomach-related problems you may consult your doctor before consuming this product.
- Stabilizer-415 – This stabilizer is also known as xanthan gum which is again safe for our body if not overconsumed. The amount of stabilizer 415 used in this product is less and can be considered safe.
Analyzing the Emulsifiers and Stabilizers used in this product I was amazed to see Britannia actually made sure that the stabilizers they use in their product are safe. Especially in this adulterated market where health products are made with harmful preservatives, emulsifiers and stabilizers.
5. Acidity Regulator
Acidity regulator 339 or Disodium phosphate has been used as an ingredient in Britannia Winkin Cow Thick Milk Shake which has been marked safe by The WHO, The FDA and The FAO and is not at all harmful for your health.
Along with these artificial essences are added according to the different variants ( strawberry, vanilla, chocolate )
The nutritional value of Winkin Cow Milk Shake is far better than other milk-based beverages available in the market. The energy, protein, and calcium content found in this product is really high.
No artificial color has been added to this milkshake which is very rare and a very good thing as food dyes are extremely harmful to our health. But if we talk about preservatives a lot of stabilizers have been used in this product. Yes, these stabilizers act as the secret to this product’s long shelf life, and most of them are considered safe still too much of anything is not at all good. Still, compared to other milkshakes available in the market this milkshake can be considered better.
How does Britannia Winkin Cow Thick Milk Shake has such a huge shelf life?
- The milkshake mentions in its packaging that it is made up of UHT sterilized flavored toned milk. UHT generally refers to Ultra High-Temperature treatment that is this product is heated at a very high temperature ( removes bacteria from the milk )and then cooled down.
- This product is packed in a tetra pack in sterilized and hygienic conditions. I must admit Britannia really worked hard for increasing the shelf life of the product.
- Acidity regulators and stabilizers have also been found in the product which maintains the pH value of the product and also protects the product from getting spoiled.