Today’s topic is the most requested topic about how to remove acne or pimples. This is a common problem faced by teenagers as well as adults. Today we will be discussing what is acne, what are the causes of acne, how to cure acne and I will be giving out a special routine for the treatment of acne.
Table of Contents
What is acne?
There is a gland called the sebaceous gland under your skin that produces oil known as sebum. When this oil comes out in excess form and the dead cells clog the oil the skin starts shredding. Bacteria and dirt deposition starts on this clog forming a bump-like structure or black pores known as acne.
Why acne is seen more in teenagers than adults?
Acne or pimples are seen more in teenagers than in adults. This is because teenagers basically face a phase called puberty. When puberty strikes in teenagers the hormones get triggered and the oil (sebum) production increases. And when this oil production increases it causes acne.
How to prevent Acne? Causes and Remedies (In teenagers)
Whenever you are sweating due to high workout and heavy physical activities your pores become very sensitive. Do not touch those pores with dirty hands or towels. This is entirely wrong. You should always use a clean towel. After 10-15 minutes use facewash. This will help you to fight against acne.
Indigestion is one of the most important reasons for acne. Always try to follow these steps
- Finish your food before 2 hours before sleeping.
- Eat only when you are hungry.
3. Avoid milk products
You should avoid dairy products such as milk, cheese, ghee, butter as they increase the body heat and rate of oil production in your body.
4. Avoid smoking
Smoking is another great cause of acne. Regular smoking enlarges your pores and also acts as a triggering factor for your oil production hormone (sebum).
5. Diet and water
Diet is a very important factor. Avoid food that increases your body heat. Lack of water in the body also triggers acne. You should drink 4-5 liters of water every day because the more the presence of water in the body the less is the heat production in the body.
Acne in adults
Causes of acne in adults (men and women)
- Hormonal imbalances
- Menstrual cycle in female
- Chemical reaction due to hair color
- Make-up or not removing make-up on time.
How to treat acne in adults?
- Firstly you should skip coloring of your hair
- Use non-comedogenic makeup or oil-free makeup
- Before sleeping completely wash and remove your makeup
- For people suffering from high stress and hormonal imbalances you should definitely try “Pranayama” as this yoga calms down your hormonal imbalances and stress.
A routine to remove acne within 6-7 days
- You need to have a sound sleep of about 6-8 hours.
- Do pranayama after waking up in the morning for 10 minutes.
- Drink 1 liter of water on an empty stomach.
- Drink 4-5 liters for the entire day.
What you should not eat for removing acne?
- Meeha, maida, and fried items
- Coffee, dairy products, and sodas
What you should eat for removing acne?
- Lunch – Include salad in your lunch with an extra amount of cucumber, tomato, and lemon as they prevent the body from heating up.
- Evening – Eat 1 papaya every day in the evening.
- Use facewash 4-5 times a day. Only use face wash which contains salicylic acid.
- Only have home-cooked food.
- Eat 2 hours before sleep.
- No makeup or artificial fragrance products.
Follow this routine for 7 days and you will find amazing results.
A simple remedy to reduce acne overnight
This remedy should be followed only if you are in a hurry such as you have certain upcoming marriage ceremonies or parties to attend. You should not use this remedy daily. This remedy should only be used for emergency purposes.
- Take 1 garlic ( garlic’s anti-bacterial property helps in removing swelling)
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of honey ( Anti-bacterial property)
- Add 1 pinch of turmeric
- Add 2 tablespoon of oats
- Add 4 spoon of water (about 20-30ml)
- Mix it well and put it on your face for 15 minutes
- Wash it away with cold water
You will be amazed to see the results
A simple home remedy to prevent acne
This is my personal favorite home remedy. You can follow this home remedy every day. It is suitable for every type of skin.
- Add 3 tablespoon of Multani mitti or fullers earth (absorbs extra oil from your skin)
- Add 5-7 drops of lemon (Lemon has antibacterial property and lightens your acne marks)
- Add 2 tablespoon of rosewater
- Add 1 tablespoon of curd
- Mix it well and put this paste on your acne for 15-20 minutes
- Wash it away with cold water
Continue doing this home remedy for 10 days and you will be surprised about how well this works.