What is GM diet plan?
A 7-day weight loss program developed by the General Motors Corporation, with a pious aim to keep their workers safe, is the GM-Diet plan or General Motors diet. A joint effort by GM, FDA, and USDA, which was also tested at the John Hopkins Research Center before final approval was issued, was the GM diet map.
What are the benefits of GM diet plan?
Here are some of the main advantages of the GM weight loss diet plan:
- Avoidance of sugar: There is virtually no sensitivity to any other form of sugar content, apart from fructose.
- Detoxification: The body removes unnecessary contaminants and flushes out waste due to the ingestion of large quantities of water and nutritious food and limiting the intake of some kind of junk food.
- Glowing Skin: Detoxification increases the wellbeing of the skin, giving it a natural glow.
- Boosts Metabolism: good eating habits, higher water intake, body metabolism help. A higher metabolic rate means a higher number of calories burned, which ultimately leads to weight loss.
- Digestion improvement: The food eaten during the 7-day course is high in fiber and thereby improves the bowel movement.
- Healthy eating habits in general: In general, this diet encourages the consumption of low-calorie and high-fiber fruits and vegetables and inculcates the habit of avoiding any form of junk food.
The GM weight loss diet plan also restricts the intake of daily calories to around 1000-1200. This prevents the accumulation of fat within the body, keeps the stomach satisfied for longer periods, and thus prevents a person from overeating.
7-Days GM Diet Chart for Weight Loss – Indian Version 2021
The Indian version of the GM Diet Plan does not change the original version too much. Although the original GM Diet requires meat in the form of beef to be eaten, this will have to be substituted in India as beef is not consumed by a large portion of the population.
Although protein in the form of chicken can still be eaten by non-vegetarians on days 5 and 6, vegetarians can substitute a cup of brown rice for poultry.
In addition to the normal consumption of 10-12 glasses of water, the general motor diet to be observed during the week is as follows.
GM DIET DAY 1 – FRUITS
- Start the diet on the very first day by eating as many fruits as you want to. About when one should eat them, there are no clear instructions. However, since they contain high concentrations of fiber, watermelons and muskmelons are highly recommended. In your diet, you should also include apples, oranges and papaya.
- The intake of 8 to 12 glasses of water a day is another important aspect of the diet. At every point of the day, one must stop starvation. Feel free to eat some fruit and satisfy your appetite if you’re hungry at any time.
- These fiber-rich and low-fat foods keep a person full for longer, thus reducing the calorie intake of an individual. The high consumption of water would also help to wash the body’s toxins out and prepare it for the rest of the diet.
- Stop some kind of vegetables absolutely on day one. Among fruits, staying away from bananas is ideal. Day one should feel a little better because it will still be important to kick in the monotony of the meal. Stick to the schedule, and feel energetic and involved.
|Breakfast||One bowl of watermelon/kiwi or an apple/pomegranate|
|Lunch||One bowl of papaya or muskmelon|
|Evening Snack||One glass of coconut water|
|Dinner||One guava/ orange or a bowl of berries (strawberries, litchi)|
|Bed-time snacks||One bowl of watermelon/grapes|
GM DIET DAY 2 – VEGETABLES
- The GM Diet’s second day requires consuming only vegetables. In order to make them palatable, these veggies can be eaten, or can be baked. Ensure that no oil in their preparation is involved.
- If you’re hungry, you can snack on vegetables at any time of the day while eating potatoes deep fried, or even a packet of your favorite brand of chips might not be allowed. Olive oil or butter may be used sparingly for flavor if absolutely needed.
- All the nutrients you need to support the body are stored in vegetables. You get the requisite potato carbs, pea protein, and fiber and all the essential vitamins are packed with carrots and beans.
- This will help recover the carbohydrate content in the body after a very low-carb day. This, in turn, would further give you enough energy to keep the diet going. Unlike the first day, on day 2 you have to stay away from the fruit altogether.
|Breakfast||One large or two small-sized potatoes/ bowl of corn kernels or green peas|
|Lunch||One large bowl of cabbage soup|
|Evening Snack||2-3 medium-sized cherry tomatoes|
|Dinner||One cup broccoli|
|Bed-time snacks||One bowl of cucumber/ carrots|
GM DIET DAY 3 – FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- One must stick to eating a mixture of fruits and vegetables on the third day of the diet. Such foods could be the same as those eaten in the first two days. Potatoes and bananas are the only foods which must be avoided.
- Your body will have started to adapt to the new diet half way through the week. The fruits will be a welcome addition to it, after a day of consuming only vegetables. The combination of fruits and vegetables also gives the body the advantages of high protein and fiber.
- In order to flush out all contaminants from the body, you will also need to have 8 to 12 glasses of water. On the third day, you should add the GM Diet Soup to your diet as well. This variety will also help to please your taste buds and break the monotony of the first two days, in addition to replenishing your body, and giving the body all the nutrients it needs. One must take caution to prevent the consumption of bananas and potatoes on this day.
|Breakfast||One bowl of watermelon/ or an apple or about half a pineapple|
|Lunch||One large bowl of cabbage soup|
|Evening Snack||2-3 medium sized cherry tomatoes|
|Dinner||One cup broccoli|
|Bed-time snacks||One bowl of cucumber/ carrots|
GM DIET DAY 4 – BANANAS & MILK
- On the fourth day, the bananas that were avoided during the first three days may finally be eaten. Over the course of the day, one must eat 8 bananas. The intake can be distributed through the meal and snack periods of the day. In addition, at breakfast, lunch and dinner, one should also eat a large glass of milk each. In the event that this becomes monotonous, the diet should include a bowl of soup.
- Bananas are high in pectin, which leads to digestion. They also offer the immediate energy they need to one’s body. Apart from being low in sodium, they are also high in potassium. Moreover, on this day, the milk one eats is also a great source of potassium and calcium. The milk also helps to reinforce the bones thanks to being fortified with Vitamin D.
- One must totally stop snacking on fruits other than bananas on Day 4. It is important to neglect potatoes and sweet potatoes as well. Fig and soy milk may also be substituted for bananas and milk.
|Breakfast||Two large bananas with a glass of skimmed milk (750 ml)|
|Lunch||Two large bananas with a glass of skimmed milk|
|Evening Snack||A bowl of cabbage soup.|
|Dinner||Two large bananas with a glass of skimmed milk|
GM DIET DAY 5 – MEAT
- Vegetarians can choose to eat a bowl of brown rice on day 5, while non-vegetarians can consume a source of lean protein such as fish or chicken breast. In addition to that, 6 big tomatoes must also be consumed.
- Although a bowl of brown rice for lunch can be eaten by vegetarians, care must be taken to ensure that minimum oil is used for cooking. Fight the high levels of uric acid released by your body by drinking up to 15 glasses of water daily. Approximately 500 g of baked or lightly fried skinless chicken, along with 6 tomatoes, can be eaten by non-vegetarians.
- Brown rice is high in fiber and is good for digestion. Chicken and fish are good sources of lean protein at the same time. Fish also has omega-3 fatty acids in addition. The high fiber in tomatoes means that they also help digestion.
- Potatoes and sweet potatoes among vegetables, and bananas among fruits that were suggested earlier in the week, should be avoided.
- As part of the mid-morning or evening snack, one can also have a bowl of GM Diet Soup. I will be giving out the preparation of the GM DIET SOUP at the later part of this blog.
|Breakfast||Three whole tomatoes|
|Lunch||250 gm of meat of your choice with one large tomato|
|Dinner||A bowl of Tomato soup|
GM DIET DAY 6 – MEAT
- Day 6 of the GM Diet includes cooked or uncooked vegetables for the person to have. Vegetarians may opt for a cup of brown rice, whereas non-vegetarians may include a source of lean protein in their diet, such as fish or chicken breast.
- Another relatively high food consumption day, the sixth day, with the addition of cooked or uncooked vegetables, often follows a trend similar to the previous day. One must make sure that the vegetables are not fried and that they are boiled. Salads should also have no heavy dressing.
- Apart from tomatoes and potatoes, non-vegetarians can eat up to 500 g of skinless chicken along with vegetables.
- In addition to the previous day’s foods, the mix of vegetables on day 6 also provides the fiber the body requires.
- Ideally, one must avoid all fruits along with potatoes and sweet potatoes. On the sixth day, the weight loss with now be visible.
|Breakfast||One bowl of Brussels sprouts or cucumber|
|Lunch||250 gm of meat of your choice/ vegetarian substitute|
|Dinner||A bowl of Cabbage soup|
GM DIET DAY 7 – Vegetable and Fruit Juice
- One will need a cup of brown rice, an array of vegetables and fruit juice on the last day of the 7-day plan. For lunch, one can eat a cup of brown rice along with a bowl of boiled vegetables. To complement the nutrient-rich vegetables, drink sugarless fruit juice after every meal or snack.
- To keep the body going through the day, the rice and vegetables will provide the body with some much-needed energy. The contaminants from the system will help the fruit juices out.
- As with the previous 6 days, on the seventh day, one must avoid those foods as well. It is advisable to avoid vegetables such as potatoes and sweet potatoes, whereas fruits such as banana, cherry, mango and pear are recommended to be avoided as well.
|Breakfast||A large bowl of watermelon|
|Lunch||Brown rice, cottage cheese and a glass of fruit juice|
|Dinner||Brown rice with mixed vegetables of your choice and one or two glasses of fruit juice.|
GM Diet – Soup Recipe
One essential part of the diet is the GM diet soup. In order to ensure that one doesn’t go hungry, it can be eaten in comparatively greater amounts on every day.
- A single cabbage
- Three tomatoes that are medium-sized
- Six tall onions
- Two green peppers
- A little bunch of celery
- One-half of a liter of water
- Preparation, preparation
- Chop the peppers and onions. Place them in a saucepan and sauté them in olive oil until slightly brown.
- Cut the onions, the celery and the cabbage, then. Now, add them along with water to the pot.
- The soup takes about 60 minutes to prepare. It is important to boil the vegetables and leave them to simmer.
- Now, with some salt and pepper, season the soup and enjoy a bowl of delicious soup.
Gm diet side effects
The GM Diet is popular throughout the world. They have some side effects, however, that need to be taken into consideration before one continues to adopt the diet.
- Although the diet will help you rapidly lose weight, it is high in fiber, but low in protein, carbs, and fats. Your body may not obtain the nutrients it needs because of this.
- The GM Diet will result in your body’s metabolic slowdown. Although it might not initially impact your weight loss, this will make it harder to maintain your body weight.
- All the fluids in the diet can be used by the body for metabolism. Therefore, the diet could result in dehydration.
- Weakness, headaches, and hunger are also other potential side effects of the GM Diet.
Avoid this food in GM diet
However during the course of this diet, there are certain things that need to be strictly avoided. Consumption of any other form of drink other than water, whether diet soda, alcohol or any other cold drink, is prohibited for starters, when following the GM weight loss diet plan. It would also stop all sorts of fast food that we all love to consume, white flour and all kinds of processed foods.
As each coin has a flip side, they claim, the GM diet plan also comes with its own demerits. It is a short-term program for weight loss, and it is also often seen that if a person begins to drop out of this diet plan, he ends up overeating and messing with his body physique again.
Another small issue that comes with adopting a GM weight loss diet plan is that some people appear to show mild reactions to a sudden diet change. In the form of muscle exhaustion, fatigue, headaches or dehydration, these reactions can be seen.
The solemnity of these reactions, though, relies on the routine and immunity of each individual. It is therefore safe to assume that GM’s weight loss diet plan actually has all the aspects of being the best diet plan for rapid weight loss; all it needs for its fruitfulness is a dollop of discipline, a pinch of integrity and a splash of self-engagement.