Proteins can be regarded as the building blocks of our body. Protein is one of the essential nutrients required by the body which is not produced in the body itself rather it can only be gained by various proteinaceous food sources via our diet. The various sources of protein include protein-rich foods, whey protein supplements, most dairy products, protein-rich health drinks and protein bars. The various roles of protein in our body are as follows.
- Protein helps in the growth and development of our body.
- Protein provides energy to our body.
- Protein plays a major role in muscle and bone development
- Protein also plays a major role in maintaining your skin, nails and hair health
- Protein also helps in repairing your damaged tissue and muscle.
- Protein also helps in the production of certain hormones ( testosterone, progesterone, estrogen, growth hormone) which are highly necessary for our body
- Proteins play a major role in the development of our immunity system ( produces antibodies and immunoglobins )
- Protein also plays a major role in blood clotting, digestion and maintaining proper muscle movements.
What is a protein bar?
Protein bars are nothing but edible nutrition bar that does not require any preparation. They are filled up with protein, carbohydrates, fats and other nutrients which is highly necessary for someone who wants to lead a healthy lifestyle. Some protein bars are also considered as a meal replacement, especially for people who have serious body-building goals and athletes. Protein bars can also be consumed as a post-workout snack.
Why are protein bars so hyped?
Nothing comes up in the trend all of a sudden without any reason. The same is the thing with protein bars. There are several reasons behind the major hype created for protein bars.
- Protein bars are ready-to-eat snacks that are extremely nutritive and high in protein content.
- Protein bars come in various flavors, which come in handy if you are bored with the same flavor.
- Protein bars can be consumed as a pre-workout and post-workout snack ( recommended for body-builders )
- Protein bars actually help in weight loss as they keep you full for a long time. They suppress your appetite and prevent you from overeating.
- Protein bars can also be used as a meal replacement, especially for a quick nutritive breakfast.
- We all know how protein is required by the body for muscle building. Protein bars are the easiest way to stuff your body with quality protein.
How to choose the best protein bar?
In this adulterated and competitive market, it is very difficult for people to select the best protein bar. The best protein bar should follow these points.
- The protein bar should contain at least whey or pea proteins.
- The protein bar should contain no more than 6-8grams of sugar per bar. The less sugar the better is the quality of the protein bar.
- The protein content of the bar should be high. It is better to avoid protein bars that contain carbohydrates twice that of the protein content in the bar. 30% protein per bar or more can be considered the best bar.
- A protein bar should not contain any trans fat.
- An ideal protein bar should at least contain 10g of protein per serving
- The calorie content of the protein bar should at least be less than 400Kcal.
- Choose a protein bar that has at least over 3g of fiber.
- It is better to stay away from protein bars that contain palm oil or kernel oil.
Why Whey91 is the best protein bar available in the market?
Frimline never enters the market without doing proper research. Whey91 being a product of Frimline is by no means an exception. Whey91 is launched in the market after conducting proper research and keeping the necessities of a consumer in mind. You will be surprised to see why Whey91 is undoubtedly the best protein bar in the market.
1. 20 gram of Gold Standard Premium Whey Protein per bar
You heard it right! One bar of Whey91 contains 20g protein and most importantly it’s a premium blend of whey protein concentrate, milk protein concentrate and calcium caseinate. The ideal protein content that should be present in a protein bar should be more than 10 grams. This bar contains 20g protein per bar which makes it great for people with serious body-building and muscle-building goals.
The presence of casein makes this protein bar a premium one. The presence of casein is rare in protein bars as it is incredibly expensive and rare. Whey91 has calcium caseinate which is itself one of several milk proteins derived from casein in skim and 1% milk.
2. The presence of immunity boosting Super Protein “Lactoferrin”
Lactoferrin is a unique super protein that has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Lactoferrin has two super unique properties.
a. It is a naturally occurring complex protein in the human body that acts as an innate immune response
b. It has a property by which it snatches away the iron from the harmful bacteria and destroys their structure and growth.
There are generally two sources of Lactoferrin
1. The human body is first introduced to Lactoferrin from the mother’s first milk ( Colostrum ). As a result, Lactoferrin is also known as liquid gold. This is the purest and concentrated whey protein that unfortunately depletes from the body with aging and due to diseases. The colostrum or the first mother’s milk contains 7 times higher levels of Lactoferrin than the milk produced later which creates the immune system of the baby. Later as you grow up the human body doesn’t get access to a rich source of Lactoferrin, after the mother’s milk.
2. Another source of Lactoferrin is bovine milk which is also known as cow’s milk.
The presence of Lactoferrin in Whey91 makes it a completely unique and powerful protein bar. Providing you with high protein along with boosting your immunity becomes necessary, especially in this pandemic scenario.
3. 237 Kcal of energy per serving
Consuming 1 bar of Whey91 provides you with approximately 237Kcal of energy. As I mentioned previously the ideal calorie content of a protein bar should not exceed 400 Kcal. 237 Kcal is enough for a person who is into regular physical activities. This energy is required to perform your daily task as well as be active throughout the day.
4. The perfect amount of fiber
1 serving of Whey91 contains 3g fiber which is again perfect for an ideal protein bar. This fiber content in a protein bar is necessary so that it keeps you full for a longer time and beats your sudden hunger cravings.
5. Neither sugar nor preservative
Frimline believes in keeping everything simple and natural. The main factor that makes Whey91 completely different from other protein bars in the market is the abandonment of sugar and preservatives. Generally, preservatives are believed to cause side effects and prolonged intake of preservatives can actually affect your health. Whey91 is completely free from preservatives and is actually safe for your health.
On, the other hand Whey91 is free from artificial sweeteners and sugar. Generally, a protein bar with 3-5 grams of sugar is considered fine but Whey91 actually “raises the bar” for health-conscious people by being free from sugar.
6. The taste that you will get addicted
Whey91 is super chocolaty in taste and yet claims to be healthy. The taste of cocoa and its super chocolaty nature will make you go crazy for this protein bar. As of now, only the choco fudge flavor is available but it is set to launch other exciting flavors in the near future.
7. Highly nutritious
Per serving (60g) of Whey91 consists of the following nutritional value
8. Say no to trans fat
If these reasons were not enough for you to choose Whey91 over other protein bars we add another one. Zero trans fat is found in Whey91. Trans fat is harmful to your health as it raises your LDL (bad) cholesterol and lowers your HDL (good) cholesterol. This increases the risk of developing heart diseases. Whey91 completely abandons trans fat.
Whey91 is for everyone as we do not believe in discrimination. Be it your inner child who loves chocolate, or an adult who’s a fitness freak, this healthy protein bar is for everyone. So go grab a bite of this healthy Whey91 protein bar before stocks actually run out.
You can get your own piece of Whey91 right from Amazon or their official website.
Why Promunch should be your best choice of protein snack?