Hair powder is essential if you are trying to add volume or texture to your hair. In India, a guy generally uses hair wax or hair gels for styling their hair. The value of hair powder is not actually known to all, especially in India. Hair powders generally add volume to your hair along with maintaining your hair texture and at the same time provide a matte finish. Hair powders are generally lighter compared to wax and gels. Side by side hair powders also absorbs excess oil or grease from your hair to provide you with a matte look.
Table of Contents
Why is a hair powder necessary?
- Hair powders act as a great volumizing agent
- Easy to use and maintains texture
- Gives you a matte look ( prevents greasiness caused by hair gels)
- Can style your hair anywhere, anytime without any hassle
- Some hair powder comes with additional hold which doesn’t allow your hair to go out of style
- Provides a long-lasting look so that your hairstyle is never compromised
- Most hair powders generally work for all hair types ( wavy, straight, curly). So you can easily style your hair irrespective of your hair type.
How to use a hair powder?
It is very easy to use a hair powder and takes less time to be applied compared to hair waxes and hair gels. Most importantly, hair powders will never make your hair go greasy, unlike hair gels. The steps to apply a hair powder are as follows
- After bath or washing off your hair make sure to dry it off using a blow dryer or via the natural drying process
- Sprinkle some powder on your dry hair
- Achieve your desired hairstyle using a comb or via your fingers
- You are good to go with a long-lasting hold
- Make sure to wash it off using a shampoo after you are done for the day
5 Best hair powders for men in India ( best for achieving volume and texture )
It’s very hard to determine the best products, especially in this adulterated market. But worry no more. Today in this article we will be looking at the best hair powders for men in India. Having said so, we are going to start off with UrbanGabru hair volumizing powder, who makes it to the top of this list.
1. UrbanGabru Hair volumizing powder
The king of hair styling products for men in India, UrbanGabru is dominating the markets and has a huge fan-following among their customers because of the quality products. This hair powder by UrbanGabru has a 3 in 1 formula. Apart from being 100% natural, it works efficiently in volumizing your hair, provides hold throughout the day and at the same time is water-resistant. Made from natural ingredients such as aloe vera powder, argan oil, panthenol (vitamin B5), botanical keratin this hair volumizing powder is chemical-free and can never have any side effects on your hair.
- Provides volume and hold that lasts for about 24 hours along with providing a matte finish
- Made from natural ingredients that are considered safe for your health
- Water-resistant hair powder
- Fortified with Vitamin B5 that improves the texture of your hair
- Pocket-friendly and easy to carry (Lighter than feather that makes you feel that there is nothing inside)
- No pungent smell unlike other organic hair products
Nothing as of now
10g of UrbanGabru Hair volumizing powder costs you around Rs 399.
2. Schwarzkopf Osis+ Dust It Mattifying powder
Schwarzkopf Osis+ Dust It Mattifying powder is another popular hair powder for men in India. It is a hair powder that acts like wax and is great for people who are trying to maintain the texture of their hairstyle. It contains silica that helps in providing the actual texture your hair needs. Side by side it also helps in volumizing your hair. It is a great choice for guys who loves styling their hair on a regular basis.
- Lightweight hair powder
- Works efficiently in providing texture
- The hold is long-lasting
- Silica present in this hair wax help in providing massive volume
Not 100% free from chemicals
10g of Schwarzkopf Osis+ Dust It Mattifying powder costs you around Rs 700.
3. Sexy hair big powder play
Considerably new in the market, Sexy hair big powder play has a great fan-following among guys who loves hair powders. This hair powder works incredibly well in providing the bounce your hair needs. Moreover being a great volumizing hair powder, it also works well in maintaining the texture of your hair. It is free from harmful parabens and also does not have any fragrances.
- Free from parabens
- A great volumizing powder for your hair
- Odorless and fragrance-less
- Great packaging
- The hold doesn’t last long
- Extremely expensive
15g of Sexy hair big powder play costs you around Rs 2600.
4. Mister Pompadour hair powder
One of the oldest brands in the hairstyling product industry Mister Pompadour has a huge fan base in the European countries. Recently they have introduced themselves in the Indian markets. Mister Pompadour hair powder is indeed expensive but you can never doubt the quality of their products. Made with silica silylate, kaolin clay and tapioca starch this hair powder focuses on providing volume and texture to your hair. If you are someone who has thin hair quality but still wants to style up your hair, this could be your best choice.
- 100% free from chemicals
- Light in nature
- Huge brand value and name in the European markets
- The fragrance of the powder is good
- A bit too expensive
- The hold does not last long
100g of Mister Pompadour hair powder costs you around Rs 5000.
5. Nishman Mattifying hair powder
Nishman Mattifying hair powder is relatively new in the market. As a result, you might have not heard about this. This hair powder acts as hair wax and is a great texturizing and volumizing hair powder. It is 100% free from harmful chemicals such as parabens and SLS. This powder works great on Indian hair and provides a matte finishing look. You can actually go for this hair powder if you are looking for a very strong hold.
- Free from harmful chemicals, so that you can use it on a regular basis
- Provides a stronghold that lasts throughout the day
- Also great if you are looking for a great hair powder that maintains the texture of your hair
- A very lightweight powder
- The volumizing effect does not last long if compared to UrbanGabru’s Hair volumizing powder
- Also if you have thin hair this product may not be your best choice
20g of Nishman Mattifying hair powder costs you around Rs 600.
So here is the list of the top 5 Best hair powders for men in India who wants volume as well as texture on their hair to achieve their desired hairstyle.
- If you want a hair powder for regular use that provides volume, texture and hold for a longer time, and at the same time free from harmful chemicals, you should definitely go for UrbanGabru Hair volumizing powder.
- If you are someone who uses hair powder occasionally, you can definitely choose Schwarzkopf Osis+ Dust It Mattifying powder.
- If you are a guy who loves long hairstyles then you should go for a hair powder or hair wax with less hold and more texture. Under such circumstances, Mister Pompadour hair powder could be your best choice.
Don’t forget to comment down your favorite hair powder if you are using any from the list above. Also, don’t forget to drop your suggestions regarding hair powders if you have any.
FAQ about hair powders
Does hair powder cause hair fall?
Hairstyling products like hair mousse, hair wax or hair powder may cause hair fall if they are stuffed with harmful chemicals like parabens and SLS. It is always recommended to choose organic products when it comes to taking care of your skin or hair. Hair enhancing products that are free from harmful chemicals can never cause hair to fall. As a result, it is always recommended to buy products that are made from natural ingredients go for brands that are highly authoritative.
Can I use hair powder on a regular basis?
Yes, you can definitely use hair powder on a regular basis that is free from harmful chemicals. At the end of the day always make sure to wash your hair thoroughly with shampoo so that no hair products are left overnight. This will help you to maintain your hair and at the same time style it on a regular basis without having side effects.
What is a hair volumizing powder?
Hair volumizing powders generally mention the presence of a dry formula where they use maize or rice as an ingredient to provide volume to your hair. These ingredients generally tend to provide texture and at the same time provide volume so that you can achieve your desired hairstyle. Although there are certain hair powders that concentrate only on providing the volume that you need on your hair, hair powders like UrbanGabru Hair volumizing powder provide volume as well as texture along with a stronghold.
What are the benefits of using hair powders?
Hair powders are generally used to create volume and add texture to your hair. Side by side there are certain hair powders that are extremely lightweight, chemical-free and aroma-free which would always help you in the long run. Moreover, hair powders do not possess the greasy feature, so you can even change your hairstyle whenever you want. Hair waxes and hair gels are considered good for the short run but when it comes to changing your hairstyle according to the type of occasion a volumizing hair powder is your best choice. Moreover, they are travel-friendly and easy to use.
How to choose the best hair powders for men?
1. Choose a hair powder that is made from natural ingredients and free from harmful chemicals. So always check the ingredients list.
2. Choose a hair powder that provides volume as well as texture
3. Always look for a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) certified product
4. If you want to use hair powder on a regular basis, choose one which fits your budget, as higher prices don’t essentially mean that the product is good.
5. Choose a lightweight hair powder as it can be easily washed off when you are done