Sompraz D 40mg capsules are basically prescribed by doctors for the treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and problems related to digestion. Sompraz D capsule is marketed and manufactured by Sun pharmaceuticals and should be taken only when advised by a doctor or medical practitioner.
Sompraz D 40mg capsule is generally composed of Esomeprazole IP (40mg) and Domperidone (30mg).
How Sompraz D 40mg works in your body?
Esomeprazole IP (40mg) and Domperidone (30mg) present in Sompraz D 40mg capsules are the main compounds that help in relieving the symptoms (heartburn, stomach pain, irregular digestive issues, prolonged gastritis problem) related to digestion.
Esomeprazole present in Sompraz D capsules is a proton pump inhibitor that reduces the acidity level in your stomach, thus helping in relieving you from digestive problems and irritation in the stomach.
On the other hand, Domperidone is a type of prokinetic agent which ensures the quick movement of food through your stomach and digestive tract., thus allowing easy passage for the food to pass through.
Sompraz D with the help of Esomeprazole and Domperidone doesn’t allow gas to stalk up and allows easy movement of the gas formed. This medicine also helps in neutralizing the acid already present in your stomach to relieve you from heartburn, acidity, irritation and digestive problems.
Doctors generally prescribe Sompraz D 40mg capsules because of their high effectiveness. The various uses of Sompraz D 40mg capsules are as follows.
- Extremely efficient in the treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Highly efficient in the treatment of functional dyspepsia and other problems related to digestion
- Diabetic gastroparesis can be treated with this medicine
- Works great in the treatment of inflammation of liver and stomach
- Great for the treatment of prolonged heartburn, itching in the stomach/throat and gas problems
Your doctor or pharmacist will advise you the correct dose of Sompraz D 40mg capsule. The dosage of the capsule varies according to your age and the type of condition you are trying to treat with this medication. Your doctor will guide you through the correct process and dosage for this medicine that will suit you perfectly.
Generally, doctors recommend adults 2 capsules per day before or after meals if the condition is related to GERD and heartburn. In other cases, it is recommended once a day before meals. So it is always recommended to ask your doctor regarding the exact dosage of Sompraz D capsule which will exactly help you.
Sompraz D 40mg capsule does not have any side effects if you perfectly follow your doctor’s advice regarding the dosage. If you have any allergies to the composition of the capsule or you are overdosing on the capsule then you will definitely witness side effects. The side effects of Sompraz D include the following.
- Long term diarrhea
- Flatulence in the stomach
- Minor stomach cramps and pain
- Soares in the mouth
- Nausea and headache
- Always mention your doctor if you are under any other medications or if you have any type of allergies
- Pregnant or lactating moms should follow their doctor’s advice regarding the dosage of the medicine
- People with liver and kidney problems should never consume this medicine without their doctor’s consult.
- If you are an alcoholic always mention this fact to your doctor
- If you witness any sort of side effects due to this medicine immediately report it to your doctor
15 capsules of Sompraz D 40mg capsule by Sun Pharma costs you around Rs 200. The price may increase in the future depending on the rise of demand. You should always buy this medicine from an authorized pharmacy or from online authorized stores.