Anyone would not have thought of amazing health benefits of baking soda, rather simply ignore it. But if you come to know many great benefits of the baking soda, which is used in many products and your food recipes and can also offer to help you in getting beautiful appearance and health advantages, you may never want to miss this great ingredient.
The uses of baking soda are countless. This is an inexpensive product, which is available in every kitchen. The multitasking aspects of baking soda such as health, beauty, hair growth and cleaning needs, especially teeth whitening will make you use this ingredient regularly.
Knowing about Baking Soda:
Baking soda has a high anti-inflammatory property and which is the reason it is used very often in cosmetics for treating and preventing certain skin diseases. Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate, which is also a natural substance which is crystalline. It often appears as a fine powder. This natural alkaline material consists antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
Baking soda also has powerful medical properties in it, which is used to treat cold, oral problems and skin issues. Although baking soda has many significant health advantages to offer, it is best to be used only for short periods. This is because excessive use of baking soda may damage your skin and you should consider using on sensitive skin.
Beauty Tips using Baking Soda:
Besides knowing many great things about baking soda, here follow some surprising ways how you can use it to improve your facial beauty:
- Treat acne and pimples:
Baking soda helps to treat pimples, acne and other problems, the anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties of baking soda can help treat these problems quickly.
- Take one tsp of baking soda with little water to make it a paste
- Apply on the affected skin for 2 minutes
- Rinse with cold water
- You can repeat this for once a day for up to 3 days or until acne or a pimple disappears.
- Treat Yellow Teeth
Baking soda has the property to make your teeth white and shining. It can remove yellow stains from teeth. It also helps to eliminate plaque by neutralizing acids produced by bacteria.
- Simply take some baking soda on your toothbrush and mix it with your regular toothpaste
- Brush as usual. Do this once a day for few days
- Take 4 tbsp of turmeric powder
- Two tsp of baking soda
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil and mix all the ingredients well
- Take a small amount of the paste and brush your teeth once a day
- Treat sunburn and blisters
Sunburn is the biggest problem during summer. However, the alkaline nature of baking soda can give you soothing effect on the sunburned skin. It can help relieving itching, burning sensation and other skin related problems. It acts as the best antiseptic and has the drying properties to dry out sunburn blisters quickly.
- Take 2 tbsp of baking soda in a cup of cold water
- Soak a clean cloth in this solution and give a cool compress on the affected region for 10 minutes. You can repeat this for two times a day
- Take ½ cup of baking soda and add it to a bathtub filled with water
- Try to soak yourself in the water for 15 minutes
- Pat dry and allow your body to air dry
- Improve skin complexion
Anyone would want a good looking appearance, for which they attempt to do many things. An uneven skin tone is always a problem for many people, especially to those who are going to the office. Baking soda can help in getting even skins tone in an inexpensive way. Baking soda acts as the exfoliating agent to remove dead cells. It can also balance pH level of the skin, which can make your skin look bright and even.
- Take 2tsp of baking soda with enough rose water to make a paste
- Now apply this paste on your face and leave it for 1 minute
- Gently rub with your fingertip and wash with lukewarm water
- Pat dry. Repeat this for two times a week
- Take 1 tbsp of baking soda with fresh lemon juice and five drops of olive oil
- Apply this paste on face and leave it for 5 minutes
- Repeat for three times a week
- Treat Stained / Yellow Nails
Baking soda can help to make your nails look white. The bleaching and exfoliating properties of baking soda can help remove the stains.
- Take ½ cup of water and one tsp of hydrogen peroxide and 1 tbsp of baking soda in a bowl
- Stir well until baking soda dissolves
- Now dip your nails into the solution for 3 minutes
- Repeat this for one in 2 weeks
- Take 2 ½ of tbsp of baking soda and 1 tbsp of hydrogen peroxide
- Make a paste. Take cotton to apply on nails
- Wait for 2 minutes and rinse nails with warm water
- Treat Body Odor
Baking soda acts as one of the best natural deodorizers. It can help treat body odor and absorb moisture and sweat from the skin. It acts as an antibacterial agent and kills bacteria.
- Take 1tsp of baking soda and 1 tbsp of water with few drops of essential oil
- Use cotton to rub it on your underarms or on the region where you sweat more
- Healthy Hair
Although there are many products available for hair treatments, they over the time deposit chemicals on hair can cause various problems over the time. However, baking soda can help conditioning your hair while bringing a good glow and shine.
- Take one tsp of baking soda and add to your regular shampoo bottle
- You can now use your shampoo regularly as usual
- After you shampoo your hair, you can dissolve one tsp of baking soda in a cup of water or apple cider vinegar and apply the mixture to the hair and rinse with clean water
Besides, the above-said beauty tips for your face, teeth, hair, and body, baking soda also works well to treat your feet and hands. It can help remove dead skin and soften cuticle while leaving your nails and hands clean.
- Facial scrub
You can use baking soda to make facial scrub and body exfoliant.
- Take 3 tbsp of baking soda with water
- Gently spread on face or body for 15 minutes
- Rinse it well with water
- Foot Soak
Baking soda can be use as the best foot soak.
- Take warm water and add Epsom salt and baking soda in it
- You can also add lemon for extra effect
- This approach will help to get fair skin with shining nails
- Soak your food for up to 20 minutes in this water
- After soaking, scrub your foot to remove dead cells
- Use towel to pat dry
- You can apply moisturizer
- Treat blackheads/whiteheads
Baking soda can act effectively to treat blackheads and whiteheads. This treatment can give you bright facial look with even complexion too.
- Take hot water in a bowl
- Do some cleansing with raw milk or other product you have
- Take 5 tbsp of baking soda
- Add 2 tbsp of distilled water and mix it well
- Apply on face and leave it for 5 minutes
- Now steam your face
This method will help you get glowing skin with a beautiful look.
Precautions using Baking Soda
Although baking soda offers many great benefits, there are still some precautions to be followed to use it safely. Overuse of baking soda may cause an adverse impact on your skin, tooth and hair. Therefore, it is recommendable to use baking soda only to the permissible amount to get nominal benefits.
Use baking soda only once or twice a week of recommended quantity.
Avoid using it if you find some irritation or other side effects.
With ample benefits to gain from baking soda, it can also be used as a mouthwash. It is also used to wash fruits and vegetables to remove chemicals on it. Baking soda can also help to keep the flowers in vase fresh by sprinkling along with water on it. This can keep flowers fresh for longer. Baking soda is also used to treat insect bite. With ample advantages, by using baking soda in an appropriate way, you can gain many benefits. However, it is recommendable to be aware of the allowable amount you can use it to avoid side effects.