As summer is coming up, Glucon D is claimed to be the best energy drink because it is believed to provide energy immediately to the body.
During summer the sun heat makes us sweat badly. As a result, there is water loss and energy loss in our body. At this point, glucon d comes into action. It is believed to provide instant energy to our body.
So in this blog, we will be understanding the benefits, side effects, the nutritional value of glucon D and then analyze the reasons why it is not good for health.
Nutritional value of Glucon D
|NUTRITION||AMOUNT ( 100G)|
|Sugar in the carbohydrate||56 gm|
|Vitamin C||50 mg|
Health benefits of glucon D
The important health benefits of glucon D are as follows
- Believed to be the best energy drink for instant energy.
- Helpful for vitamin D deficient people
- Used as a diuretic
- Used to cure dehydration instantly
- A rich source of carbohydrate
- Tiredness remover
- Provides a high amount of minerals required for the body
Side effects of Glucon D
There are basically no side effect of this powder but overdosing on anything causes side effects. Overdose of glucon d may lead to these problems
- Pain in stomach
- May lead to diabetes
- Itchiness during urination
- Mood swings
- May lead to exhaustion
Why Glucon – D is not good for health?
Let’s get straight to the point.
How glucon d works?
The glucon d you consume gets straight into your blood and increases the blood sugar level in your body. You get instant energy since it gets absorbed in the body easily.
To understand how it is not so good for health you need to understand three terms
Difference between glucose, fructose and sucrose
Glucose are monosaccharides because they are single units of carbohydrates. It is the most preferred energy source. Glucose is easily accepted and absorbed by the body.
Fructose is naturally found in fruits and vegetables. But fructose is not the preferred source of energy. Fructose is metabolized in the liver and it also has a fat producing property. And like glucose, fructose is also a monosaccharide.
Sucrose is a disaccharide that is it has two units of carbohydrates, a combination of glucose and fructose. When sucrose enters the body it is first tapped into glucose, and then fructose if necessary.
So this is the difference between glucose, fructose and sucrose.
Now, in Glucon D there is a presence of 56% of sucrose and only 40% glucose.
Previously Glucon D had more than 96% of glucose in it. So at that time pure glucose was served to you but now there is a mix of sucrose and the amount of sucrose present is high.
The fat producing properties are more in glucon d since more amount of fructose is present and less amount of glucose. The presence of sugar is also more (20g).
Who should and who should not take Glucon D?
This is divided on the amount of activities you do on a regular basis
- If you are into bodybuilding – It is a big NO for immediate energy. It consists of a high amount of sugar. If you are training for 1-2 hours in the gym this health drink is not the right choice for you. You are not getting enough amount of glucose, instead, a high amount of sucrose leads to fat due to the presence of fructose in sucrose. During workout or intra workout it is not recommended.
- If you are an athlete or are into regular training – If you are into running, training for 3-4 hours a day, body is getting dehydrated. Electrolytes get depleted in the body. At that time you can consume glucon d for instant energy. This sugar will help you at that time.
- If you are facing obesity or in a weight loss practise – Definitely NO, already mentioned because this increases fat and sugar content in the body.
2 best alternatives to Glucon D
- Coconut water – Take coconut water 100-150 ml. This amount of coconut water contains 15-gram carbs and sugar content is less. More electrolytes, more amount of potassium, less amount of sodium makes a great combination. So you can consume coconut water during or post-workout.
- Raisins and bananas – After workout, you can consume banana ( for sugar )and raisins ( for quick energy) and plain water.
Previously during childhood, we did not have goals. But being an adult we have high goals in the aspect of training. So glucon D is not the right choice now and especially when the glucose percentage has gone down in glucon d. Natural sources are always healthy.