Unlike green tea, the concept of green coffee is very new in India and is not yet so popular because people are still unaware of its actual health benefits. Green coffee is nothing but unroasted and raw coffee beans that have several antioxidative properties and other health benefits. So, if you are a coffee lover, you should definitely try to replace your regular coffee with green coffee, especially when it has so many health benefits.
So today in this article we will be reviewing Saffola Fittify Green Coffee (one of the best brands of green coffee), available in the Indian markets and will be analyzing its ingredients to understand how beneficial it is to our regular coffee. Let’s begin.
What is Saffola Fittify Green Coffee?
Saffola Fittify Green Coffee is a type of instant beverage mix that focuses on providing you with nutritional benefits. Made from green coffee extracts, this coffee helps regulate metabolism and aids in weight loss. Chef Kunal Kapur has carefully curated it along with other nutritionists. Saffola Fittify’s Green Coffee consists of 3x antioxidant power if compared to regular coffee.
How is green coffee different from regular coffee?
There are mainly 3 points of difference between green coffee and your regular coffee.
- Green coffee has thrice the amount of antioxidants compared to your regular coffee. We all know how the consumption of foods rich in antioxidants can boost our immunity as well as our skin health. Being unroasted in nature the amount of antioxidants present in green coffee is very high.
- Green coffee is made from unroasted coffee beans that is, it is made from the raw version of coffee beans whereas your normal coffee is always made from roasted coffee beans. Too much consumption of roasted coffee beans can lead to heartburn, stomach upset, sleep problems and anxiety issues. But consumption of unroasted coffee beans does not have any major side effects.
- Green coffee helps in weight loss as well as maintains your proper metabolism system. On the other hand, your normal coffee can only boost your energy levels and reduces the risks of developing diabetes.
Nutritional information of Saffola Fittify Green Coffee
1 sachet (2g) of Saffola Fittify Green Coffee consists of the following nutritional value.
Saffola Fittify Green Coffee Review – Analyzing ingredients
There are basically 4 variants of Saffola Fittify Green Coffee which include the lemon mint flavor, the classic flavor, the classic strong flavor and the lemongrass lavender flavor. The ingredients are almost the same in all the variants. The main ingredients of Saffola Fittify Green Coffee include the following.
- Green Coffee extracts (30%)
- Anticaking agent INS 551
- Added flavors and identical flavoring substances
This is the ingredient list of Saffola Fittify Green Coffee Classic and Saffola Fittify Green Coffee Classic Strong. When it comes to the other two variants additional flavor has been added.
Green coffee extracts
Green coffee extracts are unroasted coffee beans from Coffea fruits. The entire packaging of Saffola Fittify Green Coffee contains about 30% of Green coffee extracts, which is perfect.
Saffola Fittify Green Coffee mentions the presence of chlorogenic acid in its packaging. The amount of chlorogenic acid present in green coffee is way more than your regular coffee. This is because of the unroasted coffee bean extracts. Chlorogenic acid helps in preventing weight gain, blocking insulin resistance induces by a high-fat diet and inhibits the development of liver steatosis. This is why Saffola Fittify Green Coffee may help you in your weight loss journey as well as lowering blood glucose levels.
Inulin is nothing but chicory root extracts. Inulin present in Saffola Fittify Green Coffee helps in weight loss and maintains proper metabolism. Some researchers also claim that inulin may also help in maintaining good gut health as well as controlling blood sugar levels. There are no proven side effects of inulin as of now.
Maltodextrin is a type of carbohydrate made from corn or rice. It is generally used as a thickener in a product. It is completely safe for our health and does not have side effects.
Anticaking agent INS 551
Anticaking agent 551 also known as silica is used in Saffola Fittify Green Coffee to prevent the formation of lumps and increase the shelf life of the product. Overconsumption of Anticaking agent 551 may lead to respiratory problems and issues in the gastrointestinal tract. But the amount of anticaking agent used in the product is very less and causes no side effects whatsoever.
So overall, after analyzing all the main ingredients present in Saffola Fittify Green Coffee, it can be concluded as safe for health. Also, the claims made by the company “aids in weight loss” and “helps regulate metabolism” are also justified because of the presence of the correct choice of ingredients.
How to prepare Saffola Fittify Green Coffee?
Saffola Fittify Green Coffee is very easy to prepare and takes less time than your regular coffee.
- Empty the sachet into a cup
- Add hot water
- Stir well till the powder is entirely dissolved
- Serve hot or use ice to make it a cold green coffee
- Your cup of Saffola Fittify Green Coffee is ready
You can consume 2-3 cups of Saffola Fittify Green Coffee every day. You can also enjoy it without sugar or milk.
Saffola Fittify Green Coffee – Personal review
I tried the lemon mint flavor of Saffola Fittify Green Coffee for a week and found it to be somewhat different compared to our regular coffee. Well, if you are a coffee lover, you may not like it in the beginning but once you gradually switch to it, you will get addicted to it. The lemon mint flavor has a very mild lemony flavor along with a mixed smell of coffee. You will love the taste if you consume if you love cold coffee. While coming to what the company claims, “weight loss and regulating metabolism”, no changes were seen within the first week. It takes about 2-3 weeks to witness noticeable changes. I will keep this post updated once I get past that 3 week’s margin.
Saffola Fittify Green Coffee – Pricing
The 30g pack (2g x15 sachets) of Saffola Fittify Green Coffee costs you around Rs 260. You can directly buy Saffola Fittify Green Coffee directly from their official store or from Amazon.
Saffola Fittify Green Coffee – Pros and Cons
- Aids in weight loss, helps to regulate metabolism and may reduce blood sugar levels (3 in 1 formula)
- Much healthier option compared to your regular coffee, especially if you drink coffee very frequently
- Does not contain any harmful ingredients that possess any major side effects
- High antioxidant properties because of the presence of chlorogenic acid
- Approved by FSSAI
- Can be enjoyed hot or cold with or without sugar.
- Comes in 4 varieties, according to the type of flavor you like
- Great shelf-life
- Slightly on the expensive side compared to other coffee brands in India.
- The carbohydrate content could have been less.
So overall, the Fittify Green Coffee from Saffola is actually a fantastic beverage mix that is a healthier option compared to your regular coffee. You can enjoy it 2-3 times a day, without any hesitation. Moreover, the perfect combination of ingredients in this green coffee makes this product actually stand out among all.
Cold Coffee – Proving every myth wrong