You must have heard about how exposing your skin to the sun darkens your skin and you want to reduce melanin after the dark patches has been created on your different parts of the body. The work of melanin is to guard your skin from the tough ultraviolet rays from the sun. But when in excess it makes your skin darker. Exposing your skin excessively to the present ultraviolet rays improves the assembly of melanin pigments.
Melanin pigment creates the dark sort of complexion within the body .The quantity of melanin production is directly proportional to the complexion of your skin. Individuals with light complexion when starts creating more melanin, their skin gets dim.
Table of Contents
Causes of Melanin production
- Over exposure to sun
- Hyper pigmentation
- Vitamin deficiency
- Skin disorders
- Adrenal disorders
- Liver disorder
- Hormonal changes
How to reduce melanin in skin and body naturally
- Grind a couple of mint leaves, and blend them with water to form a paste. Apply the paste to the darkened places . Leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash it off with plain water to scale back melanin within the skin.
- Lemon is a natural bleach . Take half tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of lemon. Mix them well and apply them on affected areas for quarter-hour . Wash it off after done. Avoid using this remedy if you have a very sensitive skin.
- Potatoes work great on dark areas or pigments in the skin. Rub a slice of potato on your skin daily.
- Lemon juice and pure turmeric powder combined works great for a achieving a fair complexion. Mix 1 tbsp of turmeric and lemon juice well, apply it on the affected areas for 15 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
- A combination of guava and banana works very well. The lycopene found in guava and the exfoliating properties of the banana combined leads to skin tone lightning. Mix guava and banana together and apply the the paste on the affected areas for 15-20 minutes. Do this regularly for best results.
- Aloe vera gel is the all in one solution to all skin problems. It provides moisture, antioxidants and other essential components to keep the skin healthy and glowing. Some of the most powerful products for making skin fairer uses aloe vera as the key ingredient. Apply the paste over the skin and then let it dry so that it passes all the nourishment to the skin helps in making the skin glow.
How to reduce melanin by eating
When it comes to reduce melanin, here it what you should eat or include in your diet.
Follow vitamin a rich diet -Vitamin A exfoliate the hyper pigment intense skin cells and promotes new cell growth. Take vitamin a rich diet which includes broccoli, spinach, carrots, sweets, potato, pumpkin, apricot, cheese, whole egg and other vitamin a rich vegetables.
Follow vitamin c rich diet – Vitamin C reduces the production of melanin in the body. Oranges, guava, limes, papayas, lemons, mangoes, grapefruits are excellent sources of vitamin C. Vegetables such as cabbages, spinach can also help reducing the melanin production. Eat them raw or a bit cooked to get the best results.
How to reduce melanin by medicines
Hydroquinone – it’s a depigmenting agent wont to lighten areas of darkened skin like freckles, age spot, melisma caused by pregnancy, hormone medicine or injury to the skin. Hydroquinone decreases the formation of melanin within the skin.
Vitamin C Tablets– Vitamin C has excellent anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties. vitamin C helps to inhibit the enzyme tyrosinase, which helps to stop melanin production.
Hydrogen peroxide– The alkaline solution of peroxide bleaches melanin pigments (PROVEN)
What happens if melanin is low?
Melanin is a vital pigment producing compound determining the color of skin and hair. A deficiency in melanin can lead to several disorders and diseases. A complete absence of melanin causes a condition called Albinism.