Well, recently there has been a question that has been on the trend “Protinex vs Pediasure”, Which is better and why?
Protinex has been in the market for quite a number of years now. Compared to protinex, Pediasure (by Abbott) is still new to the industry. But Pediasure is gaining popularity day by day and is now a famous nutrition drink for kids. It is favored by kids because of its wonderful taste.
So today, in this article we will be comparing Pediasure with Protinex and determining which is better as a health and nutrition drink. We will be looking deeply at the nutritional facts, health benefits, side effects, and pricing. On the basis of all these factors, the clear winner will be chosen.
So let’s begin
Pediasure is a health and nutrition drink by Abbott, consisting of 37 vital nutrients highly necessary for kids. But pediasure is also taken up by adults for its amazing health benefits.
Nutrition in Pediasure
Per 100 gram of Pediasure contains 464 Kcal of energy, 13.87 g of protein, 18.12g fat, 62.75g carbohydrate ( of which 23.87 g sugar), 33.3 mg taurine, 8mg carnitine, 1029 mg arginine, 37mg inositol. It contains Vitamin A, D3, E, K, C, B2, B1, B6, folic acid, biotin, and choline. It contains minerals such as Sodium, Potassium, chloride, calcium, Phosphorous, Magnesium, Copper, and various other minerals. As a result, Pediasure is known as the ultimate health drink consisting of 37 vital nutrients.
Health benefits of Pediasure
- Best health drink for mental and physical growth.
- Consists of all the essential vitamins and minerals required for your health.
- This powder is essential for increasing the height of your child.
- Helps in weight gain of your child
- It provides immunity to your body ( highly necessary in this Covid scenario)
- It also contains protein for fulfilling the protein requirement of your body
- Fulfills the iron deficiency of your body.
How to use Pediasure
Mix 2 scoops of the pediasure powder in 150 milk. It is recommended to add pediasure in milk as it is more efficient with milk. Pediasure should be taken twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. Anyone above 3 years can consume but do consult your doctor before consuming pediasure.
Side effects of Pediasure
Pediasure does not have any proven side effects. But overdosing on Pediasure might lead to certain problems
- May cause acidity and problems in digestion
- Frequent Mood swings
- Stomach ache
400 gram of Pediasure costs you around Rs 500
You can buy Pediasure from Amazon
Protinex is mainly focused on supplying protein to your body. The main feature of protinex is that it is a 100% vegetarian protein. You can entirely read about Protinex in our article “Protinex vs ensure”
Nutrition in Protinex
100 gms of protinex contain 32 gms of protein, 57 gm carbohydrate, 31 gm sugar, 370 gm of energy with a moderate amount of Vitamin A, D, E, K, C, and minerals. Sugar in protinex is high as a result is not advised for people with diabetes or people trying to lose weight.
Health Benefits of Protinex
- The presence of simple protein in protinex helps in the easy absorption of protein in the human body
- Helps in muscle growth and bodybuilding
- It provides immunity to the body
- Calcium helps in strengthening muscles and bones
- The presence of Vitamin B helps in metabolism
- Provides stamina to the body and reduces tiredness
How to use Protinex
Mix 2 tablespoon of protinex powder in 200 ml milk ( warm water for weight loss, milk for weight gain ). Drink once per day preferably at night for enhanced results.
Side effects of Protinex
Protinex also does not have any proven side effects. But overdosing on Protinex might lead to certain problems
- Chances of gastritis problem
- People having an allergy to some of its ingredients should stay away from protinex
- Digestive problems
400 gram of Protinex cost you around Rs 490
You can buy Protinex by following this link
Protinex vs Pediasure – The better one?
- For adults Protinex is your best option as protinex is a supplement which mainly concentrates on the protein factor. Compared to Pediasure , Protinex plays a major role in body building and muscle building.
- For children above 2 years, Pediasure should be your best choice as it provides all the necessary vitamins and minerals necessary for the mental and physical development of your child.
- For diabetic patients Protinex shouldn’t be your choice as it contains a lot of sugar.
- Some children posses a tendency of lactose and gluten intolerance, for them Pedia sure is the best choice, as Protinex is made up of milk and wheat protein.
- Pediasure contains casein, so you should always consult your doctor before taking any of the health drinks.
- The cost of both Pediasure and Protinex is almost same.
ALSO READ ABOUT
Protinex mama – The best for a mom?
Protinex Junior – Best For Children?
Protinex VS Whey Protein – Which is better and why?
Accumass vs Endura Mass – Which is the better weight gainer and why?