Neurobion Forte is a Vitamin B complex tablet that consists of all the Vitamin B compositions necessary for our daily living hood. It is prescribed to vitamin B deficient people.
The Vitamin B’s present in Neurobion Forte
Vitamin B’s that are present in neurobion forte are as follows
- Vitamin B1– Thiamine – 10mg (IP)
- Vitamin B2– Riboflavin – 10mg (IP)
- Vitamin B3– Nicotinamide – 45mg (IP)
- Vitamin B5– Calcium Pantothenate – 50mg (IP)
- Vitamin B6– Pyridoxine – 3mg (IP)
- Vitamin B12– Cyanocobalamin – 15mcg (IP)
Here IP stands for “Indian Pharmacopoeia” standard.
Benefits of Neurobion Forte
1. Nervous system booster
It is great for the human nervous system. People having pain in the nerves and veins of their body should take this medicine since it helps in relaxing the nerves and slowly removes the pain. It also plays a major role during the tingling of fingers due to nerve problems. Also can be used as a nerve tonic.
2. Excellent for diabetic patients
People with diabetes always face body weakening issues since they lack energy due to their controlled food habits. Neurobion Forte removes this weakness. But how? The glucose is converted to energy by this neurobion forte. During diabetes, the pancreas cannot produce the right amount of insulin hormone, as a result, energy is not absorbed or stored in the body. In this case, this medicine is perfect.
3. Treatment of mouth ulcers and sores
Doctors prescribe Neurobion Forte, when patients develop mouth ulcers or sores due to the presence of a high amount of Vitamin B.
4. Limits hair fall
Hairfall is a sign of lack of Vitamin B in the human body. Though Vitamin B7 also known as biotin is not present in this medicine, still other Vitamin B compositions help to prevent Vitamin B deficiency.
5. Treatment for Arthritis
Arthritis is the pain, swelling, and stiffness in a joint or joints. Neurobion Forte is the commonly prescribed medicine prescribed by doctors during this disease.
6. Lessens the effect of streptomycin
In India, TB or tuberculosis is quite a common disease. A well-known medicine called streptomycin is used for the treatment of TB. This streptomycin is a very heavyweight and high-dose medicine. In this case, Neurobion Forte is used to lightening the side effects of streptomycin.
7. Controls and checks cholesterol
Neurobion Forte increases metabolism in the body, especially fat and protein metabolism, Cholesterol is decreased in the body. The medicine stops the low-density lipoprotein production, as result cholesterol is controlled.
8. Cures mental issues
Stress, disorder, anxiety, and other mental depressions are cured, New RBC cells are produced with the help of it.
9. Great for heart
This is meant for people with an overactive heartbeat. The blood pressure level is high in such a person. Under such conditions, this medicine is used to relax the heartbeat. Just the way it relaxes nerves it also relaxes the heartbeat. U can also call it a relaxing medicine.
The appropriate dose of neurobion forte includes 1 tablet in one day with water or milk. It is recommended to take this medicine in the morning or in the night before sleep.
- Should be taken only by 18 years and above.
- Not for children- consult your doctor before giving it to your child.
- Pregnant women should not also take this – Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Side effects of neurobion forte
Not so much side effects are seen in neurobion forte compared to other medicines. Some side effects include-
- Liver problems are sometimes witnessed during the consumption of this medicine.
- Vomiting and nausea.
- A bad odor from the mouth is found after intake of this medicine.
- Yellowish urine.
- Bad belch.
Overdose of any medicines is extremely harmful. One should exactly follow your doctor’s directions recarding medicines.
- Veins become so relaxed that it may lead to paralysis, the sensation in hands and legs goes down due to neurobion forte’s overdose.
- Overdose of neurobion forte leads to acute pancreatitis – pancreas is damaged, may even lead to diabetes in the future.
- If there is an allergy towards this medicine, anaphylactic shock is developed, (serious damage)
- In rare cases, people with peptic ulcers, should not go for an overdose of this medicine since bleeding has been seen in some cases.
Some questions regarding Neurobion Forte answered
Which medicines react with neurobion forte?
- You should not take any calcium tablets with it.
- During stomach infection or any other infection, we consume a medicine name ciprofloxacin, this medicine generally reacts with it. Consult your doctor.
People who should stay away from neurobion forte
- People with epilepsy
- People with myocardial infarction or recently gone through a heart attack
- People with hyperthyroidism
- Pregnant women and children should stay away from this medicine
- People with cardiac arrhythmia in which there are fluctuations in a heartbeat
- People with kidney and liver disorders should consult their doctor before use
Is neurobion forte a pain killer?
A question that is asked always. Neurobion forte is not a pain killer. It relaxes the nervous system to a certain extent, but this should not be confused with a painkiller.
Does the neurobion forte increases weight?
No, never, this is just a myth. Neurobion forte does not play a part in gaining weight. It increases metabolism in the body, not your weight.
Medically reviewed by Rituraj Pramanik ( A grade pharmacist )
You can buy Neurobion Forte online from here .
What you should know about Generic Lexapro
What is the blue toe syndrome?
Limcee tablets – Benefits and side effects