Limcee and Celin both are the most popular Vitamin C chewable tablets available in the Indian markets. Both are the most prescribed Vitamin C tablets prescribed by a doctor and are consumed if your body is lacking in Vitamin C.
The comparison between Limcee vs Celin entirely depends on which brand you prefer, which tastes better, the ingredients, and the pricing. Both are efficient at their work and the preferences entirely depend on which suits you the best.
So, let’s begin
Limcee chewable tablets are manufactured by Abbott and are consumed for increasing the vitamin C content in your body. Vitamin C is highly essential for the healing of damaged tissues protects the body from toxic chemicals and is also responsible for healing your wounds.
Ingredients in Limcee
Each chewable limcee tablet consists of 100 mg ascorbic acid, sodium ascorbate, excipients, and artificial sunset yellow color.
Benefits of limcee tablets
Limcee tablets are highly essential if your body is lacking Vitamin C content. The health benefits of limcee tablets include
- Provides the essential Vitamin C in your body if you are Vitamin C deficient.
- Limcee is an antioxidant that boosts your immunity as well.
- Limcee is great for the treatment of constant sneezing caused by dust.
- It acts as a wound healer and helps in the synthesis of collagen.
- It promotes skin repair as well.
- Limcee is believed to maintain your melanin level, as a result, your skin becomes fairer.
- Limcee tablets also increase your testosterone levels in your body.
Limcee tablets (500mg) should be consumed once per day. The normal requirement of vitamin c in male is 95 mg and for females is 75 mg. Limcee is soluble in water and is easily excreted from the body, as a result, sometimes in cases of emergency doctors prescribe limcee a dosage of 1000 mg that is twice a day.
You should always consult your doctor before the consumption of limcee tablets.
Side effects of limcee
Limcee chewable tablets do not have any side effects. But overdosing on limcee tablets more than 2000mg a day ( 4 tablets ) can lead to side effects after a month. These side effects include
- Diarrhea and gastritis
- Stomach cramps
- Frequent mood swings
Safety and precautions
- People with kidney stone problems should consult their doctor before consuming limcee tablets.
- Diabetic patients should also consult their doctor before taking limcee tablets because it raises their sugar level.
- People having high amounts of iron in the body should also consult their doctor before consuming limcee.
Which other drugs do limcee react with?
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Anticoagulants like warfarin
- lowers the efficiency of medicines used in chemotherapy
1 strip of 15 chewable limcee tablets cost you around Rs 24.
Celin is another brand of chewable Vitamin C tablets, made by Koye Pharmaceuticals ( previously used to be manufactured by GSK laboratories). It is again prescribed by numerous doctors in cases of Vitamin C deficiency in the body.
Ingredients in celin
The new celin claims to entirely consist of Vitamin C. Excipients are also added in the composition of Celin.
Benefits of celin
Celin is highly essential if your body is lacking in Vitamin C. The health benefits include
- A chewable medication used for the increase of Vitamin C in the body.
- Great for the treatment of scurvy.
- Also helps in the treatment of bleeding gums and anemia.
- It is also regarded as a supplement which boosts immunity.
- Great for dust and seasonal allergies.
- Regenerates and repairs damaged tissue cells.
- Provides glow to your skin, hair and nails.
If you are not vitamin C deficient then it is advisable to take 1 tablet of celin a day. In cases of vitamin C deficiency doctors suggest to take Celin twice a day, once in the morning and other in the night.
There are very less chances of side effects in Celin. Overdosing of celin leads to certain side effects which include
- Mild headache and fatigue
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Skin rashes
Safety and precaution
- If you are already under medication for a certain disease then you should consult your doctor before consuming celin.
- Pregnant women should consult their respective doctors before taking celin.
- Breast feeding or lactating moms should also consult their doctors before taking celin.
- In cases of diabetes and liver problem you should consult your doctor.
Which other drugs do celin react with?
A strip of 20 tablets of Celin costs you around Rs 31.
Limcee vs Celin – Which can be the better choice for you?
1. Brand power and trustability
Celin was previously owned by GSK laboratories which is a huge brand in India. But presently the new brand that owns Celin is Koye pharmaceuticals. Limcee tablets are owned by Abbott was another powerful brand in India and is trusted by most people in India. So any day I will choose Limcee over Celin chewable tablets.
As I mentioned previously 1 strip of 15 chewable limcee tablets cost you around Rs 24 and a strip of 20 tablets of Celin costs you around Rs 31. You can clearly see the difference between both the pricing. So, in aspects of price Limcee is better compared to Celin.
Both limcee tablets and celin tablets are a bit sour in taste. But still I prefer the taste of limcee than Celin. It entirely depends on your taste buds, upon which one will be preferred by you.
Both limcee and celin chewable tablets are the best Vitamin C chewable tablets available in the market. Both have similar ingredients and is highly efficient in providing immunity and increasing the vitamin C content of your body. I personally prefer limcee tablets over celin because of its pricing and taste.
The Ultimate Guide To Withdrawal Bleeding
Candid mouth paint – What is it, uses, side effects and how to use?
Vitamin B12 Deficiency Symptoms – symptoms, diseases, tests