Kadha is a healthy Indian traditional drink that is basically consumed as tea and is believed to have some medicinal health benefits. The Kadha drink has recently been in trend because of its immunity-boosting power in these Covid days. The Kadha drink is prepared by a mixture of various Ayurvedic herbs that is highly beneficial for your health.
During this pandemic, we are constantly consuming different fruits, herbal medicines, and various drinks to boost our immunity and keep ourselves healthy. The Kadha drink is an immunity booster drink that has grown popularity in these days. But one must know that Kadha has various medicinal benefits if consumed in a proper way, but over-drinking or not preparing kadha in the right way also has several side effects.
So, today in this article we will be looking at the several health benefits and side effects of Kadha. Alongside we will be also looking at the way to prepare a perfect kadha drink and also will be mentioning how much kadha should you drink in a day. Let’s begin.
8 Health Benefits of Kadha
1. Boosts immune system
Kadha is the best immunity booster drink right now and will continue to be the best ayurvedic drink to boost immunity. Kadha is also responsible for destroying internal infections which are caused by foreign particles. The Ayurvedic herbs present in Kadha make the Kadha drink a very healthy drink.
2. A respiratory system booster
The Kadha drink also plays a major role in boosting your respiratory system. It also plays a major role in providing relief against prolonged or seasonal cough and cold.
3. Reduces internal inflammation
Kadha Ayurvedic drink is also believed to reduce internal inflammation. The presence of various Ayurvedic herbs helps this drink to act as an anti-inflammatory drink. Kadha is also regarded as a natural analgesic that reduces the risk of developing inflammation as well.
4. Kadha also acts as a detox
Kadha juice can also be used as a natural detoxifying drink which in turn acts as a cleanser for the digestive system and prevents toxicity in the body. If this toxicity is not controlled it can lead to nausea, vomiting, bloating, and even gastritis problem. The presence of various antioxidants like phenolic acid, alkaloids, and saponins in this drink helps Kadha to act as a detoxifying juice.
5. Improves metabolism
The Kadha drink also plays an important role in improving the metabolism rate. The herbs present in the drink act as an Ayurvedic medicine that improves digestion and subsequently plays a major role in improving metabolism. Kadha is actually great for people suffering from bloating or constipation problems.
6. Great for your skin and hair
Consumption of Kadha on a regular basis improves the quality of your skin and hair. The various ingredients present in Kadha helps to provide you with glowing skin and also strengthens your hair follicles.
7. Acts as a stress reliever
This drink if taken on a regular basis acts as a stress reliever and also lowers the risk of developing anxiety and depression. Kadha also helps in providing you with a good night’s sleep by lowering your cortisol levels.
8. Helps in weight loss
Kadha is filled up with various ayurvedic herbs that play a major role in keeping you full for a certain time. Kadha is loaded with antioxidants and also increases fat oxidation. Kadha drink also helps you to tackle belly fat.
Kadha being an Ayurvedic formulation does not have any side effects if prepared correctly and consumed at the right time. But if we are not consuming this Kadha in the right amount or if we are not consuming Kadha in the right way it will lead to several side effects. The side effects of drinking Kadha are as follows.
- Mouth ulcers
- Constant irritation in the digestive gland
- Overconsumption can also lead to cancer
- Stomach and intestinal ulcers
How to prepare the perfect kadha?
This is a universally accepted perfect Kadha recipe that would help you to get all the health benefits from this drink. The recipe is very simple and includes all the healthy herbs that should be present in this drink.
- 1-2 Giloy stick
- 1/2tsp Aswagandha powder
- Cinnamon stick
- Tulsi leaves
- 2 cloves
- 3/4tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2tsp dry ginger powder
- 1 cup water
Method to prepare the perfect kadha
- First of all heat water in a pan and add all the above-mentioned ingredients.
- Slowly mix the ingredients with a spoon.
- You can also add Mulethi sticks (licorice) if you have a cough and cold.
- After 5-8 minutes of simmering, switch off the flames and cover.
- Now strain the juice in a cup and enjoy your kadha slowly.
- You can also add 1/2 tsp honey to this Kadha.
It is recommended to have this Kadha thrice a week especially in the night after having your dinner. You can also take this Kadha on a regular basis only after consulting with your doctor if you have low immunity.
- Do not drink more than 50-70ml Kadha at once
- You should not boil the Kadha for more than 10 minutes
- Do not make it a habit of drinking Kadha regularly
How do the herbs present in this Kadha improves your health?
A Kadha is a mixture of Ayurvedic herbs and the Kadha gets its power from the various herbs used in the preparation of it. You can only benefit from the Kadha if you add the right herbs to it. The herbs present in Kadha that improve your health are as follows.
- Giloy – Plays a major role in boosting immunity, metabolism and digestion. It also treats chronic fever and respiratory problems.
- Ashwagandha – It is the king of herbs in Ayurveda and boosts energy. It also reduces cortisol levels and prevents stress and anxiety. It also increases fertility in men and boosts testosterone.
- Cinnamon – It has anti-inflammatory properties and is loaded with antioxidants. It is great for your heart and fights bacteria and fungal infections.
- Tulsi – It is an adaptogen with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Fennel – A great culinary herb that has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- Cloves – They have antioxidant properties and antibacterial properties. They also promote bone health and are also great for your liver health.
As we can see Kadha is really powerful if consumed and prepared in the right way. The combination of medicinal herbs in this drink provides you with several health benefits. So what are you waiting for? Try out this Kadha and comment below if it helped you.
5 Benefits of applying ghee on belly button
8 Health Benefits of eating Khichdi
7 Amazing Health Benefits of Tiger Nuts
Live healthy like you sharing your experience with home remedies.