No matter how much we are hammered by the dental awareness programs or advertisements about visiting a dentist regularly, we do not visit till we reach a situation that needs a dentist’s attention. Often, we ignore it, leading to a more serious condition that can damage the natural look and appearance of the dental and facial areas.
Whether your teeth are discolored, stained, broken, chipped, misaligned, have gaps between them, or if you have been in an unfortunate accident leading to some disfigurement, modern-day cosmetic dentistry can help you. Even if you are not happy with your smile, you can opt for smile enhancement surgery.
What does Cosmetic Dentistry Include?
With each passing year, the field of cosmetic dentistry is becoming more and more popular. The primary reason is the marvelous results that are possible can truly make a difference. Few cosmetic dentistry procedures not only enhance your appearance but might also improve your mouth’s functionality.
There are multiple surgical options, which come under the umbrella of this sought-after industry.
How Do You Find A Good Cosmetic Dentist?
It takes vast knowledge and dedication to master the art of dentistry. Cosmetic dentists can handle a wide spectrum of surgeries ranging from small fixes to major procedures containing the highest levels of complications. But choosing from the large pool of dentists can be overwhelming.
There are some ways with which you can shortlist a good cosmetic dentist.
- Internet search: Spend some time researching cosmetic dentistry on the World Wide Web and search for the best cosmetic dentists. You will find their profile along with their education, experience levels, membership’s details, and more. In addition to this, find out patients’ testimonials and third-party reviews’
- Gather information: Do not only depend on the dentist to tell you the details of the surgery. Gather general information about the particular dental surgery that you are planning to undergo. Simultaneously, the best way is to get all your doubts cleared during the consultation because the continuing evolution of cosmetic dentistry can bring up a massive volume of information.
- Dentist’s credentials: You cannot finalize just by seeing the dentist’s handiwork. Find out which school the particular cosmetic dentist visited, where did he or she undergo training, and which are the courses or highest degrees that he or she pursued. Also, the professional organizations they are associated with.
- AACD accreditation: Another important factor that can guide you in finding the right dentist is that most of the highly knowledgeable dentists are members of the esteemed American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD).
You can be sure that AACD accredited professionals are offered training about the most modern dental treatment techniques, and equipment and thus can provide you with the best possible care.
- Amount of experience: The total years of experience is another important factor that can help you to decide. The higher number of years of practice shows that the cosmetic dentist has had more exposure to varied dental treatment technology.
- Check their previous work: Mostly, dentists who practice cosmetic dentistry today have their website where they showcase the kind of surgeries they perform and their success stories. You can visit the websites and view the before-and-after photos. This can help you in choosing a particular dentist.
- Ask for referrals: Be it shopping, or visiting a restaurant, most of us consult our near and dear ones for suggestions. Similarly, one of the best ways is to talk to your family members and friends if anyone has had dental cosmetic surgery. Find out which dentist they visited and ask for reviews.
- Pocket-friendly or not: Before embarking on the journey of treatment, the cost of the treatment also makes a big difference and cosmetic treatments are generally expensive. So, before deciding, do find out if the selected treatment comes within your budget. At the same time, see that the quality of service is not compromised.
- Doctor-patient communication: There must be open communication between you and your dentist. Make a list of questions you would like to ask during the consultation to clear away any apprehensions. This way your dentists can understand your requirement and it becomes easy to achieve the desired outcome.
- Attention to detail and patient comfort: Going through surgery can make any patient anxious. A good dentist will try to make his or her patients feel relaxed and comfortable. Also, see if the dentist pays attention to minute details at the time of treatment.
The cosmetic dentists of India are highly respected for their expansive knowledge, thorough experience, and deftness to deal with any dental problem. India also is blessed to have many hospitals with sophisticated dental treatment facilities. The Sri Ramakrishna Hospital (Multi-Specialty) is one such excellent venue for availing advanced cosmetic dentistry procedures.
The cosmetic dentistry department here has flourished massively at Sri Ramakrishna Hospital (Multi-Specialty). This hospital is renowned as a top tooth whitening hospital in Coimbatore. There are highly proficient dentists with numerous years of experience in cosmetic dentistry. Also, the patients’ success rate is high. Additionally, if you are looking for cosmetic dentistry teeth whitening or root canal treatment in Coimbatore, this hospital can be a rewarding destination.
Lesli is a Content Writer and loves to blog about health-related articles. She is an avid reader and loves writing impeccable content pertaining to health care.