Drumstick flowers can be regarded as the ultimate superfood. It is not only incredibly nutritious but also valued for its medicinal properties. Also if it’s cooked well it tastes really great. It is most famous in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan.
Nutrition in drumstick flowers
The nutrition present in drumstick flower are as follows
- Vitamin A ( Alpha and Beta carotene)
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B4
- Vitamin B5
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
- Folate ( Folic Acid )
Medicinal Benefits of drumstick flower
Drumstick flowers contain a lot of health and medicinal benefits. You will be shocked to find its amazing medicinal benefits.
- Drumstick flowers act as an energizer and are said to treat sexual debility.
- Drumstick flowers are a great treatment for pox.
- A tsp of fresh drumstick flower and leaf with honey and a pint of coconut water is a herbal medicine to treat diarrhea, colitis or jaundice, along with other digestive disorders.
- Drumstick flowers contain antibacterial properties. When boiled in water and consumed as a soup, plays an important part in treating infections of throat, lungs and skin.
- These flowers are rich in Vitamin B1,B2,B3, A and C which helps in fulfilling the daily vitamin requirement of the body.
- The drumstick flowers are a very good source for vegetarians and it is said to have the highest protein amount of any other plant situated on earth.
- Plays a vital role in lowering blood pressure just like colocasia leaves.
- Consuming drumstick flowers can help in increasing overall body resistance.
- Drumstick flowers are sometimes used to treat HIV.
- Contains calcium and phosphorous which strengthens bones.
- Drumstick flowers contain neomycin which prevents the development of cancer cells.
Side effects of drumstick flower
Drumstick flowers are generally safe and beneficial, it’s always advisable to consult your doctor if you use flowers for the treatment of any diseases.
- Never have the flowers in case of pregnancy, it contains fertility reducing property which may lead to miscarriage.
- It is best to avoid drumstick flowers when you are breastfeeding
- Be careful while taking drumstick flower if you are under any sorts of special medication.
- The flowers are a high source of iron, so avoid overdosing on them.
- Since drumstick flowers, lower blood pressure, overdosing on this flower might lower your blood pressure too much, which may lead to fainting for people with low blood pressure.
An amazing recipe of drumstick flower
A simple recipe has been demonstrated for the preparation of a tasty drumstick flower dish.
Source courtesy – Nikita Ahuja