Chyawanprash is an ayurvedic health supplement which provides internal immunity and protects against seasonal cold and cough. Various types of chyawanprash brands are available in the market, out of which today I will be comparing between Dabur Chyawanprash and Patanjali Chyawanprash, and will be determining which is the best one among both.
So first, let’s start with Dabur Chyawanprash
Table of Contents
Ingredients in dabur chyawanprash
A list of the important ingredients in dabur chyawanprash are as follows
- emblic myrobalan
- sesame oil
- long pepper
- bamboo manna
- cardamom seed
- clove buds
- cinnamon bark and leaf
- Indian kudju
- air potato root tuber
- winter cherry root
- Bengal quince root
- cashmere tree root
Health Benefits of Dabur Chyawanprash
- Provides huge immunity to your body.
- Protects against cold, flu and nausea.
- Dabur chyawanprash acts as a digestive aid.
- The high presence of Amla helps in providing a high amount of vitamins and minerals to your body.
- Very good for your hair.
- Increases hemoglobin in your body.
- Dabur chyawanprash helps in purifying blood.
Dabur Chyawanprash do not have any proven side effects but overdose of chyawanprash may lead to certain side effects.
- Stomach and liver problems.
- Itchiness during urination.
- Development of heat in the body.
How to consume dabur chyawanprash
The best way to consume dabur chyawanprash is having it in 1 tablespoon (15gm) with warm milk in morning and evening.
Ingredients in Patanjali Chyawanprash
A list of the important ingredients in Patanjali chyawanprash are as follows
- sida cordifolia
- phaseolus tribulus
- piper longum
- teramnus labialis
- pistacia integerrima
- phyllanthus niruri
- vitis vinifera
- leptadenia reticulate
- terminalia chebula
- tinospora cordofolia
- habenaria intermedia
- malaxis acuminate
- curcuma zedoaria
- cyperus rotundus
Health Benefits of Patanjali Chyawanprash
- Patanjali Chyawanprash helps in improving blood circulation and eliminates harmful toxins and ultimately improves digestive system.
- Increases stamina and build your muscle, keeps you active whole day.
- Provides natural resistance to fight infection and contains antibacterial property.
- It boosts your overall health and provides nutrition to all other body parts.
- The ingredients present in patanjali chyawanprash help to detoxify your body and provides shield against lung disorders.
Patanjali Chyawanprash do not have any proven side effects but overdose of this chyawanprash may lead to certain problems
- Rashes during summer season
- Metabolic problems
How to consume patanjali chyawanprash
Almost very similar to dabur chyawanprash. You can have it once a day in the morning or evening.
Comparing Patanjali Chyawanprash and Dabur Chyawanprash
I will be comparing both on the basis of 4 basic factors required in being the best chyawanprash.
- Sugar factor – Patanjali chyawanprash contains 6.7gram sugar in 10 grams of the serving whereas Dabur chyawanprash contain 3.7 grams sugar in the same quantity. The less the sugar, the better it is. So dabur chyawanprash tops this factor.
- Presence of Amla – Amla is the main ingredient of chyawanprash. The more the amla the better is the quality of the chyawanprash. Patanjali chyawanprash contain 1.65 gram of amla in 10 grams whereas Dabur chyawanprash contain more then 5 grams in 10 gram content ( more than 50%). So dabur chyawanprash is the better choice.
- Taste – Taste in Patanjali is sweeter due to the presence of sugar, whereas Dabur tastes like a premium ayurvedic medication.
- Pricing – 1 kilo Patanjali Chyawanprash cost you around Rs 260, whereas 1 kilo Dabur Chyawanprash cost you around Rs 325. Here Patanjali is the cheaper one.
Which is better?
Dabur Chyawanprash is the better compared to Patanjali Chyawanprash because it contains more amla and very less sugar compared to it. Yes, the price is high compared to Patanjali but, Yes , quality comes with a price.