Celiac disease in India is not a common thing to know but also not a very uncommon thing. In fact the celiac disease is predicted to rise within the next few years in India. It is now a common thing in India since the diagnosis has become clear these days. Previously the diagnosis was not so clear, as a result the gastro intestinal disorders or diarrhea was treated in the very mainstream way.
Nowadays the diagnosis is so clear that people can identify the symptoms of exact celiac disease. Celiac is basically an allergy towards wheat. It is an auto immune disorder where the body’s immune system starts attacking the healthy cells.
Ingestion of wheat or gluten ( protein found in wheat, barley and rice). Basically celiac is an allergy where you have to remain on a gluten free diet.
Table of Contents
Celiac Disease – Symptoms
- Loose motion
- Anaemia or reduction of blood in the body
- Chronic headaches
- Muscle pain and joint pain
- Weight loss
People don’t realize this in common but when diagnosis take place it is identified as celiac disease. Continuous ingestion of gluten leads to celiac disease in India.
Since celiac is an auto immune disorder that is it is passed on genetically. So if you are diagnised as a celeiac patient then you also immediately do a diagnosis of your close relatives as such father, mother or siblings. Though the chances are low but it is recommended to be safe always.
Celiac Disease treatment in India
- You have to totally stop consuming gluten that is found in wheat or any other products related to wheat such as bread, suji, biscuit, pasta, noodle etc. An absolutely gluten free diet is required.
- Lots of intake of vitamins are required since the patients struggle in vitamin deficiency due to celiac.
Diseases caused due to Celiac
- iron deficiency
- early osteoporosis
- diabetes type 1
- intestinal cancers
- dental hypoplasia
Diet Plan for celiac patients in India
- People should consume high amounts of green fruits and vegetables to provide the required vitamins and minerals since they are gluten free.
- Nuts and dry fruits should also be a part of the plan for fulfilling the proteins and fatty acids part.
- Including chicken, meat and poultry in the diet. Milk and milk products are also healthy.