BRB Popped Chips are a new type of chips available in the market which are marketed as neither fried nor baked. A type of snack that is favored by kids and is considered less harmful than the other chips available in the market. These chips also have some health benefits as well.
Chips are generally very addictive in nature that generally consists of too much fat and salt. Kids generally love them due to their taste but too much fat and salt is not at all good for anyone’s health. Besides this fat and sugar chips also contain preservatives and stabilizers which are again harmful to your health. BRB Popped Chips are made by keeping all these factors in mind and actually acts as a surprise in the potato chips industry.
So, today in this article we will be reviewing BRB Popped Chips by checking their nutritional information, ingredients and determining whether they are one of the healthiest chips available in the market. So, let’s begin.
Why BRB Popped Chips is so unique?
- BRB Popped Chips does not contain potatoes instead it is made up of sweet potatoes.
- These chips are neither baked nor fried, instead, they are popped chips.
- No stabilizers or preservatives are found in these chips.
- Has 60% less fat compared to other chips.
- Sweet potato pellets ( White Rice flour, Sweet potato powder, tapioca starch)
- Sunflower oil
- Seasoning ( Sugar, salt, onion powder, milk solids, garlic powder)
- Antioxidant ( rosemary extract)
- Natural color ( INS 160B, INS 150C)
- Added Flavor
As we can see no harmful stabilizers or preservatives are found in these healthy chips which makes them completely unique from other chips available in the market. But there are two colors added to these chips which give them the brown color.
- Color 160B also known as Annatto is a natural color and is considered safe with no side effects.
- Color 150C also known as caramel color contains ammonia which is considered harmful to your health. Ammonia increases the risk of developing cancer and serious heart diseases.
100g of BRB Popped Chips consist of the following nutritional value.
- Compared to other chips available in the market it is actually surprising how these chips are so low in fat. 1 serving that is 23grams of BRB Popped Chips contains only 3.3g of fat. This really permissible if your kid wants these chips.
- 1 serving of 23g provides you with 103Kcal which is fairly good. The ideal calorie intake of an evening snack should be 250-300Kcal. So combining BRB Popped Chips with a sandwich would be healthy and also does not go above the calorie requirement of an evening snack.
- The protein content in these chips are not so much but yes the presence of protein in these chips can be considered quite a unique factor.
- The sugar content in these chips is also balanced. Per serving provides you with 0.3g sugar which is again great.
Surprisingly BRB Popped Chips can be considered as healthy chips. It is low in fat, contains protein (though in a little amount), is free from preservatives and stabilizers, and contains very little fat. The only thing that is bad about these chips is the use of Color 150C. The natural color used in these chips is present in small amounts and can be considered safe.
So, altogether these popped sweet potato chips can be considered safe and can be given to kids. Rather than going for Lays, Kurkure, and various other chips available in the market which are filled with preservatives and do not have any nutritive value you should definitely go for BRB Popped Chips.
Who should not have BRB Popped Chips?
- Kids should be allowed to consume these chips in a controlled amount.
- Pregnant women should avoid this product because of the presence of Color 150C.
- Diabetic patients should also stay away from this product as it contains a high amount of carbohydrates.