Matcha tea also known as matcha green tea in India is famous for its anti-oxidative properties and several health benefits. It became famous in India during the lockdown because of its medicinal properties. It has high caffeine levels and is enriched with nutrients.
What is matcha tea?
Matcha tea is a type of green tea that is of Japanese origin. It is prepared in the Japanese way with lots of local herbs. The tea is derived from the leaves of the Camellia Sinensis plant. The tea in the form of powder looks completely green and is 100% natural (free from chemicals). Although a stimulant, this tea has several health benefits to offer. Sometimes it is also mixed with foods as it easily gets dissolved.
Health benefits of Matcha tea
Macha tea is known for its health benefits. Compared to regular tea it has higher caffeine levels. The stimulant factor is relatively high and side by side it has various health benefits to offer. The amount of caffeine varies according to the brand of matcha tea. Generally, 8 ounces of matcha tea contains a maximum of 70mg of caffeine. So who wouldn’t like this tea? The various health benefits of matcha green tea are as follows.
- Matcha tea is extremely rich in antioxidants. As a result, it provides you with glowing skin by removing free radicals, wrinkles and blemishes from your skin. In Japan, matcha green is also believed to act as an anti-aging food making you look younger.
- L-theanine, a compound naturally present in matcha tea acts as a mood stabilizer. It calms down your mind and body. It also improves your mood.
- Drinking matcha tea regularly helps in improving concentration and focus. Side by side, it also helps in improving attention.
- Matcha green tea also acts as a detoxifying agent.
- Matcha tea helps in preventing the development of harmful diseases like hypertension, diabetes, and heart diseases and promotes immunity boost and liver health.
- Matcha tea also promotes weight loss by increasing metabolism.
As you can see there are so many health benefits of Matcha tea, despite being a stimulant. So why not try once? In India, there are several brands of matcha tea available in the market. And choosing the best one out of them becomes a problem. So at HealthAndHealthier, we have made a list of the best matcha tea in India.
List of 10 best matcha tea in India
1. Vahdam Japanese matcha tea
Vahdam Japanese matcha tea is one of the best matcha tea on this list. The quality of the matcha is extremely fine and is imported from Shizuoka, Japan. It is classic culinary grade matcha that has a really amazing fragrance and umami taste. Vahdam claims to be the only brand in India that sources tea from different estates and delivers them to different parts of the world. The best part is that 1% of their revenue is donated to the tea grower’s children in India.
- Authentic matcha tea imported from Shizuoka, Japan
- High brand value and trusted by consumers
- Amazing fragrance and taste
- Certified climate-neutral and plastic-neutral
- The caffeine content is medium and suited for Indian consumers
Nothing as of now
50g of Vahdam Japanese matcha tea costs you around Rs 350.
2. Kimino organic matcha tea
Kimino organic matcha tea is a premium matcha tea that is made from stone-ground matcha leaves. It is 100% organic in nature and filled up with antioxidants. Kimino is a brand that sources high-quality products from all over the world and supplies them to India. Kimino organic matcha tea is 100% vegetarian and free from gluten. The aroma is amazing and the taste is somewhat on the sweeter side yet organic.
- Made from Japanese stone-ground matcha leaves
- 100% vegan and gluten-free
- Amazing organic aroma and taste
- The packaging is beautiful and travel-friendly
Nothing as of now
50g of Kimino organic matcha tea costs you around Rs 550.
3. Heapwell Japanese matcha tea
Heapwell matcha tea is an authentic Japanese matcha tea that is 100% natural and organic in nature. It is made from stone grounded matcha powder and generally comes in bag time packaging. It is filled up with powerful antioxidants. The type of leaves used in making this product is of high quality and generally comes from the Shizuoka and Kagoshima region. One can actually use this matcha powder to rejuvenate your skin as well as use it to make different recepies.
- Natural and organic matcha tea
- Mafe from stone ground matcha imported from Japan
- Travel-friendly packaging
- Can be applied on skin and also can be used to make other recepies
Nothing as of now
50g of Heapwell Japanese matcha tea costs you around Rs 450.
4. OZiva plant based matcha plus
OZiva plant based matcha plus is an all in 1 matcha powder that you can use to prepare tea, use it on your skin to rejuvinate it or use it on recipes to enhance the taste and nutritional values. Along with matcha powder it contains ginger, licorice, pomegranate and activated charcoal that helps in serving all 3 functions. It is a 100% vegetarian product that comes in bottle container. OZiva is already an established brand that has a huge customer base because of the quality of their product.
- All-in-one matcha powder
- High customer base and trustablity score
- 100% vegetarian product
- Free from sugar and preservatives
Nothing as of now
50g of OZiva plant based matcha plus costs you around Rs 650.
5. Tencha Blends matcha tea
Tencha Blends matcha tea is a type of culinary matcha tea which is directly sourced from Shizouka, Japan. It is a Non-GMO matcha tea that is 100% natural and contains zero added sugar. The texture and fragrance of this tea powder stands out among all. The name of the brand “Tencha” itself means leaf which is ground into matcha powder.
- 100% natural matcha tea powder
- 100% vegetarian and free from preservatives
- No added sugar
- The texture and fragrance is simply amazing
The packaging could have been better.
50g of Tencha Blends matcha tea costs you around Rs 500.
6. Golden Tips matcha tea
Golden Tips matcha tea is a 100% vegetarian medium-caffeine matcha tea that is imported directly from Japan. The brand is owned by a company known as Golden Tips Tea Co. Pvt. Ltd. who has followed all guidelines to make this tea available in India. They have been awarded ISO certification and is a very renowned company when it comes to tea brands in India. Golden Tips matcha tea has a mint essence that is quite unique. It is free from harmful oil, preservatives and artificial aromas.
- Medium-caffeine matcha tea directly imported from Japan
- The company has a huge brand authority and trusted by consumers
- ISO certified
- Rich mint essence
- 100% vegetarian product and free from harmful preservatives and artificial fragrances
- Extremely budget-friendly
The tin packaging does not make it travel-friendly.
50g of Golden Tips matcha tea costs you around Rs 200.
7. Real Matcha Japanese matcha tea
Real Matcha is considerably new in the market but has gained immense popularity when it comes to matcha tea powder. Directly imported from Japan, this authentic tea is made up of high quality matcha leaf. It is packed up with antioxidants and free from all types of harmful preservatives. It is a 100% vegetarian product and the texture is amazing. You can also make various types of recipes like latte, pancakes and smoothies from this green matcha powder.
- 100% natural matcha powder directly imported from Japan
- FSSAI certified product
- The texture of the powder is amazing and smooth
- The packaging is also great
The aroma is strong which may not be liked by all.
50g of Real Matcha Japanese matcha tea costs you around Rs 450.
8. Serenity Tea matcha tea powder
This matcha tea powder from Serenity tea is a low-calorie tea powder that focuses on weight loss. Packed up with the right amounts of antioxidants this tea is actually healthy and imported from Japan. The caffeine content is also adjusted to medium so that it can be easily consumed by Indians. It is a 100% vegetarian product and comes in pouch.
- A good matcha tea that focuses on weight loss
- 100% natural and free from harmful ingredients
- 100% vegetarian and gluten-free tea powder
- Packaging is adorable
Low brand authority as it is considerably new in the market.
50g of Serenity Tea matcha tea powder costs you around Rs 400.
9. The Tea Shelf Matcha Tea
The matcha tea powder from “The Tea Shelf” is a 100% authentic matcha tea from Japan. It is organic in nature and free from harmful chemicals. It has a great umami taste and the flavor is actually very good. Moreover, it comes in various other flavors such as the Lemongrass, mango, mint and strawberry (according to Indian taste).
- Authentic matcha tea harvested and imported from Japan
- Fabulous umami taste and great fragrance
- Packaging seems to be great
- Available in many flavors
10g sachet of The Tea Shelf Matcha Tea costs you around Rs 250.
10. Wellbeing Nutrition matcha tea
Wellbeing Nutrition matcha tea is a ceremonial matcha tea that is imported from Kyoto region in Japan. The brand claims to import the purest stone-grounded from Tencha green tea leaves. The texture along with the color makes the tea standout. Moreover, the matcha tea powder is 100% vegetarian in nature and only contains a combination of green apple, spearminr and melon. It is low in sodium as well.
- An organic matcha tea powder
- Sugar-free and low in sodium
- 100% vegan and gluten-free
- High customer trustability factor with a customer base of 1 million+
- Does not mention if it is entirely free from harmful chemicals and preservatives
- The aroma may not be liked by all
20 tablets of Wellbeing Nutrition matcha tea costs you around Rs 350.
So here is the list of the best matcha tea in India. Compared to green tea or coffee, Japanese matcha tea is more nutritive and contains higher amount of antioxidants. Moreover the matcha tea powder can be also applied on skin or can be also used in other recipes. So why not shift to matcha tea for your morning or evening stimulant instead of your regular tea or coffee? Don’t forget to comment down if you are a matcha tea lover.